Sunday, June 17, 2012

FATHER'S DAY CELEBRATION!

I HOPE all Father's out there have had a WONDERFUL Father's Day filled with love! And hope Moms' are NOW resting after such a BIG DAY! 

I thought I'd share with you a little of our Father's Day Celebration! YUM!!!!!! I found the recipes in TEA TIME MAGAZINE, May/June 2012 . Ladies, if you don't have this magazine, RUN out & BUY it! AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!! (Especially, if you like to have tea!) This is THE ONE magazine, I WON'T let run out! I've tried recipes from this magazine before & I've NEVER been disappointed!

First here is our Iced Tea with Lemonade Ice Cubes!
Next, we had Green Chile Muffins with Chipotle Butter!
OH MY GOODNESS, were these GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!! Then we had Sausage Pinwheels! Now, I HAVE TO say, SOMETIMES we make mistakes & have to make adjustments! I didn't have the Puff Pastry I THOUGHT I had! So, I used Cresant Rolls! They came out good! Oh, & the Chipotle Butter, well, the chipotle pepper & special sauce were not to be found in my area, but I used chipotle salsa! (Nothing wrong with making adjustments!) Next, we had Garlicky Beef Sliders! Oh my goodness, they were SOOOOO GOOOOD! Take a look!
Here I made adjustments as well! I used Ground Turkey & Turkey Bacon! We just don't eat much Beef anymore! On the Sliders are Roasted Garlic Aioli! WOW!!!!! Gotta keep some of that made up for sandwiches! YUM!!!!
 Tea Time had a recipe for Mini Boston Cream Pies & Malted Chocolate Chunk Cookies for dessert! My hubby decided he didn't want me to get stressed out! (He's seen me when I get stressed! ) So, he bought a Boston Cream Pie & brought it home for me! So, here it is!
Here's a look at my "Table Scape!" Shooting for a Masculine theme of course!
I had to HUNT around the house for items that would help me with the Masculine theme! A pocket watch, bottle of ink, pen, books, magnifying glass...I WANTED some deer antlers, but they were SO BIG, you couldn't get to the three tiered server! So, I thought it best to leave them out! Mixing the gold & silver looked nice & the black & earthy runner helped! It was elegant & masculine! Men like to be treated SPECIAL TOO!
HOPE you pick up a copy of this Tea Time Magazine! It's on display till July 2, 2012!

I asked my husband which of the recipes he liked best, he said he couldn't decide! I heard ALOT of "Mmmmm's" coming from EVERYONE though!

We turn EVERY  " Special Occasion" into Tea Time at our house! It lets everyone know, SOMETHING SPECIAL will be served & they will be treated SPECIAL TOO! After all, shouldn't we treat those we love SPECIAL? 
HAPPY TEA TIME from TLady

1 comment:

  1. It reminds me of having lunch in Colonial Williamsburg :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!