Wednesday, July 4, 2012

LIBERTY!!!!

"Stand fast therefore in the  liberty  wherewith Christ hath made us free, & be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1

This is going to be a "power packed" post today! Not only will I give you crafts & food to drool over, but I am going to weigh-in on what happened last week! (I think you know what that is!) Look out, if you're squeamish, it's time to take the Rolaids & get on with what God has called you to do! It's TIME TO BE BRAVE & WALK IN LIBERTY!

What better time to celebrate the LIBERTY God has given us here in America than the 4th of July! Commemorating the birth of our freedom! The birth of our Nation, The United States of America! I HOPE you got to watch MONUMENTAL Sunday night! I was INSPIRED & BLESSED!
                                              "HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA!!!!!!!! "

Just a few years ago I went to the dentist for my regular check-up & my dental technician told me it was time for x-rays...As she looked at the x-rays, she told me she saw my jaw bone was thinning. I mentioned this to my doctor when I saw her next & she ordered a bone density scan. The bone density scan showed osteoporosis! Then I was sent to another doctor that is in the same practice, who handles all the women with osteoporosis. He put me on medication & also informed me he would NOT order another bone scan in a year, as it "wasn't worth it!" To convince me, he told me the story of his uncle who was very large & had had open heart surgery. Only to pass away a few months later. "It wasn't worth it," he said, "and he was tired of paying for others!" I stood my ground & told him, "People work hard their whole lives-- working to have their last days in old age, in peace & security with good health care." He was VISIBLY ANGRY & I could see he didn't like what I was saying & thought I was an uninformed IDIOT! He got up & left. I thought, "Where's the form I'm to take to the front desk?" I stepped outside  of the room & there he was at the nurses desk. I stood waiting for the form. He didn't even turn around, but sneered & waved me on. I came out of that office FURIOUS! I informed my doctor I WOULDN'T go back to him! I have since left that office altogether...! This incident happened BEFORE the Health Care Bill became law, so I KNOW EXACTLY what is coming! My feelings at the time? It was depressing, distressing & UNBELIEVABLE that this was happening! We had/have health insurance! AND we pay ALOT for it! (I have had TERRIBLE doctors before, the stories I could tell! So, I've gone back to "Interviewing" my doctors before employing them!) Last Thursday, the Supreme Court upheld the Health Care Law & guess what? I WASN'T distressed AT ALL! I ACTUALLY was EXCITED! I can hardly believe it myself! NOT that we should sit by & let people harm us, but that we are ACTIVELY INVOLVED, "fighting" to keep our Freedoms!

"Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, where unto thou art also called & hast professed a good profession before many witnesses." 1 Timothy 6:12

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep our hearts & minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

God is SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!  Don't forget that!!!!!! WHO gives us LIBERTY? GOD!     NO ONE can take that from us! I feel WHATEVER God has called you to do, NOW  is the time to DO IT!!!    What has God called you to do? This is a time where God is going to be MADE REAL!   I believe MIRACLES  are going to happen!  GOD is in control of our futures! Our physical well-being, our spiritual well-being, our mental well-being! GOD IS IN CONTROL!

This is a song that came to mind on Thursday---It is "old" by some peoples view but, it is based on Gods' Word; I don't view Gods Word "old!" LISTEN TO THE WORDS!  It's just what "Dr. Jesus" prescribes for all of His children who may be shaken at what has happened as of late! (Twilla Paris, GOD IS IN CONTROL from Beyond a Dream, 1993.) It is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE songs! It will fill your heart with courage & a KNOWING that HE is in control of EVERYTHING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2H34lMOAyg&feature=related
Put on the FULL armour of God & get to WHATEVER God has called you to do & do it with courage & IN HIS LIBERTY!!!!!   

Now, as I promised, here are some 4th of July goodies to drool over!
                                      "HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA!!!!!"

I have been wanting to decorate for the 4th of July for sometime but, never took the time! NOW was the time, this year! I started by  making a table runner! I am NOT  a quilter, but what could  be more Americana than a quilt? So, I set about designing my pattern with my idea in mind. Here's what I came up with!
After I sewed all the pieces together & did the hand stitching, I gave it a Tea bath to get the aged look I was after! I even made matching napkins out of the bandanna material! And I folded them in the "Candle Fold" for the table! I wanted to add star buttons to the blue area but, there were no star buttons to be found at our "local" store! In the end, I guess it's ok, as the runner serves for a large pot holder also!
The next project I created was a center piece! I got my inspiration from Somersets' Holidays & Celebrations Magazine, page 118,Volume 1. Here is my interpretation:
What do you think? Here's what I did: I used a block of wood on the bottom & painted it blue with acrylic paint. (I even added felt to the bottom.) For the cone, I used a card board cone from a spool of cotton yarn. I then used ripped strips of material (blue star, as on the runner). I glued them to the spool/cone with decoupage, wrapping it from top to bottom till it was covered. I then added the spray tensile type stuff to the top, gluing inside with the hot glue. (I'd had that in the basement for a few years! Used on our daughters bicycle in a parade a few years back.)  I used pebble rocks in a Ziploc bag, to give it weight, pushing it up inside of the cone & hot gluing a cover on the bottom. I ruffled red, white & blue stripped & starred ribbon by hand & red crepe paper; using the hot glue gun to attach them to the bottom. I added fine gold glitter to the crepe paper edge also. I then used hot glue to attach the whole piece to the wood block. I added a little strip of ribbon to the top of the cone to cover the entry point of the tensile. The image- I found on the Internet, I did two of her, (for both sides); adding a dark navy layer of paper to the back & then I colored her with colored pencils--wanting more vibrancy! Then adding fine gold glitter to the rays on the image. I then attached Lady Liberty to the cone with hot glue- curling her just a little to conform to the cone. I then made a banner & antiqued it & stamped "Liberty" on it & attached it to the bottom side  of  Lady Liberty! Here are a few close ups:
AND here is an image of Lady Liberty for you, that you can copy & make your own Lady Liberty Centerpiece!
The next thing I made were PINWHEELS! Gotta have Pinwheels! They're JUST FUN!
(You can see the Candle Folded napkins in this picture too!) For instructions on how to make the pinwheels check TipNut.com

For FOOD today, we went traditional. Hamburgers, BBQ Chicken, Vegetable Tray with dip, Corn on the Cob, & Potato Salad, & of course, Iced Tea! For dessert, I made Apple Pie with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream! Here are just a couple of pictures & I'll give you the potato salad recipe!
This is the ARTICHOKE POTATO SALAD! I am NOT a potato salad person BUT, I like THIS potato salad! Here's the recipe from Taste of Home 30-Minute Cookbook.
2 lbs. red potatoes, cooked & cubed
1 can (8 1/2 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts (in water), drained
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup brick or Monterey Jack cheese- I used shredded
1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. cider or red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves -gives a nice zing!
1 t. dried rosemary, crushed
1 t. dill weed
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, artichokes, onion & cheeses. You can mix the dressing: oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs & spices in a jar & shake & then add to potatoes. I just sprinkled mine over & poured over the oil & vinegar & tossed to coat. Makes: 10-12 servings.
I THINK you'll LIKE this one!
Then, fresh from the oven for dessert, APPLE PIE!

I am NOT good with Pie Crust! But, cutting little shapes makes it look like you aren't so bad! I made little stars for the edge of the crust & one for the center! Again, what could be more American than Apple Pie? Just top mine off with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream please!
I combined a couple recipes for my apple pie filling & it came out just a little tart, so I won't give you this recipe, this time! Needs a little work!

I would LOVE to hear from you! PLEASE leave me a comment???? Here are some questions if you aren't sure what to say:
*Would you prefer I post my crafts/cards ahead of a holiday, rather than on the holiday?
*What did you think of Monumental?
*What has God called you to do in His Liberty?
*What did you have for the 4th?
*Did you do a special 4th of July craft?
*If so, what was it?
* Would you like for me to give you my list of questions, I use to  "Interview Doctors?"

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; & where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty." 2 Corinthians 3:17

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
Walking In HIS LIBERTY!
TLady

4 comments:

  1. Hi TLady! My goodness - when do you sleep girl??? What you do in one week, I might get done in one lifetime... I just wanted to comment on several things you mentioned - one: that quilt runner is beautiful! I bet you came up with that pattern all by yourself didn't you? As for doctors I have been pretty lucky - although I've had some bad ones, God has always provided a new doctor, when I have to drop one. I have Fibromyalgia - which is where all muscles in the body are painful to the touch. And normally people get their blood work done in the crook of their arms - well I can't stand it - it is just too painful and I had a doctor that wanted me to go to a psychiatric (not sure of the spelling) - a shrink, to talk about this. It got to where I couldn't even talk to this man. I completely went to another hospital and doctor all together. These doctors need to be bedridden for a week so they can get a better understanding of what sick people go through, you know? ... anyway that is my two cents worth. TLady ... when when when, will we get the instructions and template to make those tea cups???? I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July (our state is under a burn ban - so I was a bit relieved not to have to have fireworks being shot off around the house). God bless everyone! Precious Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your take on the health care bill. It is a scary bill that has evil intentions (not trying to be dramatic, just real!) Remember, if it seems to good to be true, it usually is!!!!
    I love your centerpiece. You are - and always have been - so creative. How do I know? Let's see...I've only known you for 36 years!!! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky - the food looks so yummy!! Your table runner and table centerpiece are fantastic!! You have amazing talents!!! xo

    -pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a talented lady you are. Everything looks so amazing. I've never been good at beautiful pie crusts. My mom taught me to cut leaves out of the dough with a cookie cutter, and top the apple filling with the leaves. Now I love making pies.
    May I comment on your blog font without hurting your feelings? I love the font, but the capital letters are especially difficult to read.I can't take the time required for my brain to translate them. Everything else on your blog is PERFECT! Thank you for sharing your gifts. Lynda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!