Thursday, August 30, 2012

Aching Fingers & Toes!

Hi Friends!
WHERE has this week gone? I have been SOOO BUSY cleaning! I KNOW that doesn't sound very interesting! Sometimes, I just DON'T want to do my "Spring Cleaning!" So, I dive into the "Spring Cleaning" in the fall! It's SO NICE to have a clean house for the Holidays! I mean REALLY CLEAN ! I have been cleaning ALL DAY & falling into bed at night for the last few nights! My WHOLE BODY aches! My fingers & toes included! Have you ever cleaned mini-blinds???? Then you know what I mean! I LOVE the saying, "Thank God for company!" It's SO TRUE! Sometimes, you just need a little incentive! Cleaning tips? I've got them! Start with the hardest, biggest job FIRST! For me that would be the rafters & walls & windows, working one room at a time!  Murphy's Oil Soap & Simple Green; Start at the top & work your way down; Start at one end & work your way around;  Have a husband who knows to stay out of the way! My SWEET husband KNOWS when I'm cleaning to stay out of the way! If there's ever a time I get cranky, it's when people are keeping me from my cleaning! WHO enjoys cleaning???? NOT ME! But, if I have to do it, STAY OUT OF MY WAY! LOL

Because of all my cleaning, it hurt to even write a little note to go with my son's card this week! (Thank goodness I did a little extra card last week!)  OUCH! AND  I haven't had much time to think on a post for today! But, NEVER FEAR, I do have SOMETHING for you---! I won some "blog candy" over at: http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/2012/08/tuesdays-tip-hymnals.html A NEW blog to  me! I don't know what it is lately---I've RARELY won much of anything in my whole life! But,  I won a "Sermon Note Keeper notebook!" What a NICE little book to take notes in when you're at church! THANK YOU PATTER!  Soooooooooo, I thought to send Patter one of my Paper Tea Cups! (Patter has Challenges going  on...just in case you're interested! Check it out! )

This time I used SU- Bordering on Romance stamp set. Here's what I did, I created a "Master Board" first for my card!
I stamped the card stock first with the larger image of the stamp set, scattering them about.
Next, I stamped the next smaller stamp around on the paper. Up-side down too. That way the paper can be used in either direction. (Notice I stamped up side down with the larger stamp image too.)
Now, fill in the rest of the space with the smallest stamp in the set. Turning it upside down too.
Now, I don't know about you but, my blender pens seem to dry out all too quickly! So I keep a little bit of water in a dish to dip my blender pen in. I also have one blender pen for Cool colors & one for Warm colors. That way I don't mix colors I don't want mixed. When coloring a Master Board, I do all of one color at a time. (Yes, I do find sometimes I miss a leaf or petal. No problem! )
What do you think? Basically, you're creating your own Designer Paper! (See how easy that is! AND with out alot of expense! It just takes TIME!)
Here is my card made with the Master Board:
I used the sketch from SCS- SC399. AND I entered this card in the Moxie Fab Challenge on MOVEMENT in Card Design! Here: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/08/card-design-handbook-week-movement.html  Be SURE to check it out!  The only thing I think you can't really see would be that I popped the flowers up on dimensionals on the lower right hand corner. Very simple but it will match my TEA CUP!
I used the same techniques I used before on my tea cups. (I don't think you want a re-cap of that. If you are new to my blog, you can scroll back to find the techniques used where ever I focus on a Tea Cup.) AND look at that Walmart Ribbon! It matched PERFECTLY to my SU ink, Orchid Opulence! Even the Certainly Celery!

Now here is the Gift Combo:

For those of you that are interested, I still haven't heard from the Copyright Office! Hang in there with me???? I don't think it will be much longer! AND when you see what I've done, I THINK you will be PLEASED!

How about you leaving me a comment on HOW WOULD YOU USE THIS PAPER TEA CUP? I'd LOVE to hear!

Soaking my aching fingers & toes!
TLady

*This post was one of the Blogs Featured on The Moxie Fab Blog Roll! *  

20 comments:

  1. Your cups and cards are simply georgous, stunning and breath-taking! I have a dear friend that loves TEA and this is her birthday month and I would love to make her one. I always enjoy making a papercraft for someone that I know will cherish it! Thanks for sharing and am anxiously awaiting a pattern to purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing ensemble, Becky! I am in absolute awe of it! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Becky! She will love your thoughtfulness!
    I really do feel your pain about the cleaning! My body aches terribly when I have to watch my husband do all the hard cleaning! haha I'm very spoiled and he does that part for me! I have sympathy pains!
    Hope you're having a great day!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy!
    You are SO ONRY! :) SERIOUSLY, I have been cleaning since Sunday afternoon! (I know "day of rest") I just HAD TO jump into the cleaning! Today, I just can't seem to get going! I've already fallen asleep on the couch once! My fingers are STARTING to feel a little better--no mini-blinds yesterday!I'm taking today OFF! :) I'll jump back into it tomorrow! Not too much left to do! THANK THE LORD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work, your testimony and your whole site! Thank you for sharing your talent with others. I would give a teacup first to my aging mother who would cherish it and If I know how to make them as nicely as you, I would make them up for our next Ladies' Tea at church. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tutorial...and so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Let just start by saying, WOW! I will be making that teacup set. I give teaparties for the girls now and again, using my vintage Shelley cups and saucers. In case you don't know, the cup/saucer set you created is "the" image of a Queen Anne, a shape highly prized by collectors (me for sure!). Lovely, lovely, lovely!
    And by the way, I will be checking back to see your posts often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky, the background paper you made is beautiful and that tea cup ~ WOW!! Gorgeous creations here.
    Congrats on being spotted by Cath on MFW's Blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your own designer paper. This teacup could have been handy for my daughters tea party birthday last year. I used real little teacups as the invites. This would have had the personal touch that i so like as an invite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW WOW WOW! Amazing. Just love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done an amazing job with thise, and your 'homemade' pp is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card and tea cup are amazing, fab colouring. Just found your blog so will have to come back and take a good look. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your teacups are beautiful! I would make them for our church tea also. At our church 10 ladies each choose a table to decorate for the tea. They each come up with different ideas for a centerpiece to be given away and table favors for each guest to take home. These would be so cute as table favors!!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is fantastic! Your card and coordinating tea cup are gorgeous!

    Thank you for your sweet comments on the Flourishes designs :) Always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Becky! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will we be able to purchase or find out how these
    beautiful tea cups and saucers are done?

    I would love to do them for Christmas.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda!
    I am waiting to hear from the Copyright Office & am planning on putting the template up for sale! Thanks for inquiring! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!