Well, I THOUGHT I had this post for this week all ready to go BUT, I felt it was an ALL OVER THE PLACE post & I just wasn't happy with it! NOT TO MENTION, I thought one thing I might just save for in a few weeks! SOOOOOO, I thought I'd show you what I made our son...
When our son first went off to college, his Freshman year, I made him cards EVERY WEEK! With everything he'd been through in his Public School years, I wanted him to know we were here for him even though, he was in College! AND that we loved him & missed him! We were blessed in that he had two roommates & one in particular befriended him! His second year, is when we REALLY NOTICED him coming out of his shell! That year I changed things a bit & sent him ATC's! Here is one of the ATC's I sent---it is the inspiration for some of the "card" I made today to send our son this week!
Our son LOVES Snoopy! (I have used these stamps & REUSED these stamps in SO MANY WAYS!!!! I thought my mind was out of ways to use them! ) LOL
I saw this little thing that our son had gotten in a pack of trading cards----
and my mind was at work!
It's called a ''STAND-UP CARD." Here it is:
I thought it would be SO CUTE with the Snoopy Image! Here's what the "inside" looks like:
AND it mails FLAT!
This is how I made this cute little "Stand-Up Card."
*The Base measuring, 5 1/2" x 3 1/4".
* Score at 1/2" on each end (on the long ends-see image below.)
* Stamp main image on one of the score lines. This will determine which end will be the "front."
*Stamp the sentiment on the lower 1/2" edge under the main image.
* Stamp stars- masking the main image as needed.
* Here's a use for the EXCESS RUBBER you have when you punch out your stamps from the sheet of stamps you get. Cut out squares, rectangles, whatever shape you want with what you have ! Using a mask for your main image again & using a Kaleidacolor Ink Pad, stamp the background.
* Using an X-acto Knife, cut around the main image; only to the score line at the bottom. Don't be too detailed in cutting!
* As you hold the main image out of the way, Score again at 2 3/4".
* Fold score lines.
* On the 1/2" pieces on either end - cut about 3/4 of the way up, at 1/2" in, on each side.
* Color in the main image.
*Stamp a message on the inside if you like.
* Put your Stand-Up card together!
This is an additional picture to show where the score lines & little snips are:
(Just remember, those little snips are on the opposite end of what I'm showing you too! ) Your image CAN BE BIGGER! It could overlap the center score line--just make sure you cut around the image before scoring the center!
Here are the stamps I used:
Snoopy Images- Stampabilities.
Sentiment on first card front- CHF- Kim Hughes- Supah Star.
(Sentiment on second card front- Hand written.)
Sentiment on the inside of first card- Tweety Jill- Vintage Valentines.
As I was putting this little card in an envelope to mail off---the thought came to me, these would make SUPER VALENTINES! OR I can even see a GINGERBREAD MAN for Christmas with this! (Think of the SU Holiday Catalogue....Scentsational Season....!)
I couldn't leave you without telling you what I found!
Just a little something for "Tea?"
Do you remember the Berry Coolers I did awhile back? Take a look here:
Well, I discovered these Soy Milk Drinks that remind me of them! AND, OH ARE THEY GOOD!!!!!!!
Hope those of you that can't have dairy give them a try! MAYBE, for "Tea" this week! OR if you just want a quick "Tea...!"
Let me know if you enjoyed this post this week!?! I LOOOOVE to hear from you! AND I DO read ALL comments & will try to visit your blog if you have one & leave you some love too!
Have a little Tea & Ink this week!