Thursday, September 27, 2012

A "Batty" Birthday!

Hi Friends!
We have a Birthday coming up this week! And it's for our son who LOOOOOOOVES Batman! You know the drill when trying to come up with a card for someone SPECIAL! Our guy likes interactive type of cards or different folds! (Me too!)  So, I was on the hunt to find the right card base! AND find something that I could use my Batman Stickers on, since there aren't any Batman Rubber Stamps! (Boo-hoo!)  I checked around & I came up with this Multi-Panel Center Step Card over at Dawn's! Here: http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2011/07/multi-panel-card-video-.html    I changed the dimensions just a little to accomodate my large Batman Sticker! Here's the card:                             
Yep, I DID use "designer paper" & the stickers both, are by SandyLion, the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is by CHF, the 21 by AB Seas Alphabet Stamps, &  SU Circle punches, popped up on a dimensional.
The measurements & instructions for my card are:
Base Card- 7 1/2" x 11"
Using a Fiskars Cutter: line your paper up on the 2" line & cut from 1" to 6 1/2".
Do the other side the same, leaving a 3 1/2" piece in the middle.
Score at 1" & 2" on the end closer to your cuts. Scoring only on the outside edges---NOT on the inner 3 1/2" piece!
Next score on the inner piece only at 5 1/2".
Your last score will be at 6 1/2" on the outer edges.
(If you have trouble with this see Dawns' video! Everything is the same except for the measurements of the base of the card & the Designer piece measurements! )
Fold your card on the 5 1/2" score & it pops up automatically!
Continue folding the rest of the card.
For the Designer pieces:
Center area- Image- 3 1/8" x 4 1/4"
Mat for Center area- 3 1/4" x 4 3/8"
Side Pieces- 1 1/2" x 3 1/4"
Mat for side pieces- 1 3/4" 3 3/8"
Piece across the bottom- 6/8" x 7 1/8"
Mat for piece across the bottom- 3/4" x 7 1/4"
 
I didn't have any catchy Batman sentiments for the inside either so, I created my own using a Zig Calligraphy pen.
With plenty of room for everyone to write a little something!
 
Here is a look at the SIDE so you can see the way the folds, fold!
 
I don't have a cake DONE at this point BUT, I thought I'd show you the cake I made for our son last year! He was SO PLEASED with it, he made it his Desk Top Background on his computer!
 
It was YUMMY!
 
"and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev. 22: 2
 
Don't forget to let me know what you think! I LOVE hearing from you & I HOPE you have a "BATTY DAY!"
TLady
                                                                                   

4 comments:

  1. Your card is great and the cake!!!!!! ZOWIE BATMAN. No wonder your son uses it as his desktop background. It is fabulous!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific Batman-theme card! LOVE how you used the center step card to work in so many great design elements! :) Happy weekend, and happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Batman card is fabulous! You did such a great job with the stickers, I have so many and can never get them to look right. Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son's going to love his card! OMG.....the cake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!