Thursday, September 20, 2012

"A Spot of Tea?"

Hi Friends!
Thank you to all of you who joined us for the Virtual Tea Party! What FUN! Did you enjoy yourselves? I SURE HOPE SO! ALTHOUGH, none of you identified yourselves, so MAYBE you were just peeking in??? A little shy? MAYBE, you won't be so shy next time, now that you know what goes on! Christmas time is when we plan on doing another! I'll let you know the date!

I thought today, I would give you the recipe I made to have for our Virtual Tea Party! Here's what my Lemon & Poppy Seed Bread looked like!
WOW! Was it GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!
Here's a look at it sliced!
And here's the recipe:

LEMON & POPPY SEED BREAD

Pastry flour makes a more tender crumb. It is available in most natural food stores. If you can't find it, substitute all-purpose flour. (You can also find how to make your own Pastry flour on the web here:

3/4 c. (6 oz./185 g) plus 2 T. butter at room temperature.
1 1/2 c. (12 oz./375 g) Sugar
4 Eggs
Pinch of Salt
1 1/2 t.. Baking Powder
2 c.(8 oz./250 g) Pastry Flour
3/4 c. (6 fl. oz./ 180 ml) Milk
Grated Zest of 1/2 Lemon
1 T. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 T. Poppy Seeds

Preheat over to 375 degrees ( 190 degrees C.) Butter a 9 x 5 Loaf pan.
Cream Butter & Sugar together till fluffy, beating in eggs one at a time.

In a separate bowl, mix Salt, Baking Powder, & Flour till well blended. Alternately stir the flour mix & milk by thirds into the butter mix until well blended. Stir in Lemon Zest & the Poppy seeds.

Pour into a greased pan & bake for 45 min's. OR until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. ( I had to bake my bread quite a bit longer than 45 min's.) If the bread browns before the center is done, cover with aluminum foil & continue baking until done.

Makes 1- 9" x5" Loaf.

This recipe is from: Sharon O'Connor's Menus & Music AFTERNOON TEA SERENADE Recipes from Famous Tea Rooms Classical Chamber Music.

The Recipe it's self is from:
The Four Seasons Olympic in Seattle, Washington. Considered one of the top hotels in the world.

We found this recipe to be VERY GOOD! It reminded me of a Lemon Pound Cake. I used Whole Wheat Pastry Flour but, I'm sure it would come out looking more like a typical lemon & poppy seed bread if I had just used a regular Pastry Flour.
Hope you like as much as we did!

In keeping with the Tea Theme I chose for today, I made another card to enter into one of the Moxie Fab Challenges on Design! This one is on REPETITION!

Here is my card, "A SPOT OF TEA?"

I just LOOOVE this stamp! It's from Ecstasy Crafts- Eline's Huis Winter set. I colored the image with Dick Blick Colored Pencils & used Gamasol. I also added glitter pen details, Just Rite Stamps to create my own sentiment, My Mind's Eye Printed paper, & a Krylon Silver Pen & Walmart Ribbon! I also popped those little tea pots up on Dimensionals, the center one just a little higher!

Here I am trying to create  rhythm or unity to the whole card when I repeat the image of the tea pot. You can repeat other things when doing a card like this such as, value, texture, color or shape.
Have you gotten your issue of Paper Crafts Card Design????
NOPE, I don't work for Paper Crafts! I just LOOOOVE this issue! I've been waiting for it for FOREVER!!!!!!!
Check here for the Magazine with ALL THE ANSWERS:


Just a little tid-bit of MONEY SAVING  information: Since prices are going up, I have been looking at ways of saving money! How about YOU? I found this recipe that I thought you might like! I've tried it out too! Home Made DEODORANT! My husband picked up two Dove Deodorant from Walmart recently; it was $8.00!!!!!!! A "Value Pack!" OUCH! So, here's a recipe that is MUCH CHEAPER & WORKS!
Here's what it looks like:


You can apply this with your finger-tips. ( There are OTHER RECIPES on TipNut.com.) See which recipe you like better!

1/3 c. Baking Soda
1/3 c. Corn Starch
4 T. Coconut Oil (found in the grocery-cooking oil section)
1-2 drops Lavender or Tree Oil (or without leaving a light coconut smell)
Microwaving the oil helps with the mixing.
(Be careful not to add to much essential oil if you have sensitive skin!)
Here I used a Half  Pint Ball Jar.  
 Check it out here: http://sugarbananas.blogspot.com/2010/03/highly-effective-natural-deodorant.html  She has other things you might like too, Chocolate Chip Lip Balm!
HOPE it helps  your pocket-book!

Here are the words of a little chorus we used to sing when I was a little girl in church. I find myself singing it when I'm relaxing... Or wanting to relax! I don't remember the name of it, maybe one of you will know?

Peace, Peace, wonderful peace,  coming down from the Father above.
Sweep over my spirit, forever I pray, in fathomless billows of Love.

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you."
Isaiah 26:3

Hope this touches someone this week who needs our Saviors' peace!  
 TLady

2 comments:

  1. Spot of Tea...love it! And that loaf recipe sound so yum I think I'm going to make it for morning tea right now! Thanks for all the recipes and links, great info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!