Thursday, September 6, 2012

A VIRTUAL TEA PARTY INVITE!

Hi Friends!
I HAVE TO say, NO WONDER Crafters have messy houses! When you do all that cleaning, your crafty mojo just disappears! LOL!  I have been putting off & struggling with this post/card ever since I did my cleaning! BUT, it DID come back with the help of a WONDERFUL magazine I ordered! If you've EVER wondered about "The Theory of Card Making," then THIS is the magazine for you! I've gone to SU card making sessions, looked on the Internet, had it explained on SCS & THIS magazine is the ONLY thing that has EXPLAINED it CLEARLY! There is SOOO MUCH in this magazine! I will be keeping it on my desk for quick reference!

You can find it here:
http://www.scrapandpapershop.com/product/paper-crafts-card-design-handbook/new-arrivals
I KNOW you will LOVE IT!!!!!!

So, I figured it was time to try out one of the "Theories!" One that seemed to ALWAYS throw me was the "Rule of Thirds," even with people explaining it! With this  magazine however, it  REALLY giving all the In's & outs....I'm getting it now! Following the Rule of Thirds, this is the card I came up with!
 
Can you see where the card was "cut" into thirds? Both horizontally & vertically? I am entering this card in the challenge on The Rule of Thirds over at Moxie Fab! Oops! No challenge for that BUT, there is one for Movement! I think this qualifies! (Let me know what you think?)  
 
Here are the goodies I used to make this card:
Tea Pot Stamp- Ecstasy Crafts-Eline's Huis-Winter; popped up on dimensionals  
Doily Stamp- SU-Delicate Doilies- White Embossing Powder
Tag Boarder- SU- Tea Shoppe
Tag Sentiment- Ecstasy Crafts-Eline's Huis-Winter
Embossing Folder- Cuttle bug- Grace's Frame
Floral Paper- Colorbok- (WALMART!)
Ribbon- Walmart light pink dyed- SU- Rose Red.
Krylon Gold Pen
Inside Verse- Inky Antics
(I cut away the inside of the embossing folder to get a frame with an X-Acto knife.)
 
Not only am I showing you this card to show you what I'm trying to learn but, it is ALSO An INVITATION to "A Virtual Tea Party!"
Here's the inside for you:
 
Here's all the details so you can join us!
WHO: YOU!
WHERE: SCS- here:
WHEN: Saturday, September 15th, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
WHAT TO BRING: Make something Tea related to share with the group! Whether it's a card, 3D-item or what ever you'd like to make! You're not limited to paper crafts!
* Make yourself a nice pot of Tea & a special Tea Time treat to enjoy while you're chatting!*
You can also share Tea Time recipes if you like! We ALL LOVE recipes!
 
I wanted to let you know this week so you'll have plenty of time to get a nice project done to share with the group & so you can plan to be with us!
(This is the group that inspired my Paper Tea Cups!)
 
Next week I'll be sharing what I made for the Virtual Tea Party!
HOPE to see you there!
TLady
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I love the card, but I would have preferred the ribbon a little lighter. The bright color takes away from the card itself. It sort of becomes the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK it's just the photo itself that makes the ribbon look "bright!" It is the same color as the Roses & the base card, Rose Red. And it could be the shininess of the satin ribbon too! Thank you for your in-put Maggie!:) Do you have a blog I can visit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I just saw your reply. No, I don't have a blog. I'm not as talented as you are. Your work is just so beautiful and I love your teacups. I'm still waiting for the template.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card.....I love the gold border to frame your image! I think I need to learn about this thirds thing...I don't quite get it at the moment.

    Love how you made your own pattern paper in the post below.......so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Becky! I'm a little late getting to this post! You've created another beautiful card, my friend! I think the ribbon is lovely and it's a perfect match to the papers you've used! What a lovely sentiment you've added to the inside of your card!
    A virtual tea party sounds like lots of fun! But does that mean we have to eat virtual dainties...or can we eat real ones? haha
    Have a wonderful weekend!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! NO, I plan on eating REAL "DAINTIES!" :) That reminds me, I NEED to be thinking about WHAT that "dainty" will be!!!!!!! :) Hope you can make it!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Becky! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!