Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fashion Filled Birthday!

Hi Friends!
I'm posting just a little earlier this week because of what's going on over at Moxie Fab! This whole week they're having FUN challenges going on that YOU can get involved with because of World Card Making Day on Saturday, Oct. 6th! Are YOU doing anything SPECIAL that day? Make sure you check over at Moxie Fab for all that's going on! http://www.papercraftsconnection.com/blog/2012/10/countdown-to-world-card-making-day-4-days-left/#comments   There's LOADS of FUN to be had by  ALL!!!!!!!!

Today, Moxie Fab is asking for Birthday Cards! So, here's one I made!


Since I have been working on Card Design lately, here are the elements I used: According to the Card Design Handbook,
 I used Movement/Flow for my Composition! Notice how your eye travels from one thing to the next;  from the lady to the flowers to the sentiment.

Just a little more about this card---This is a card I made awhile back for our daughters birthday. Back when she was into Barbies!  (I've never posted this card anywhere before this.) Of course, there aren't any Barbie stamps this size...maybe little stamps for kids but, not for Adult stampers! So, I went on a hunt to find some that LOOKED LIKE Barbie! I found this lady, "Gina" over at B Line Designs! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these types of stamps! They take me back not only to my Barbie days but, the days when I'd sit & doodle. Drawing pretty ladies in fancy clothing. (I would have LOVED to have been a Fashion Designer!) I STILL get into matching up clothing with jewelry etc.; maybe, I would have better been a "Personal Shopper!" Either way, I ended up being what God called me to be! A Wife & a Mother and I'm QUITE HAPPY with my choice!  

I guess I got  a little off track there, huh? But, the rest of the card was made with DCWV paper, Prima flowers, Rhinestones in the middle of each flower, colored with alcohol markers, Walmart ribbon, Dick Blick Colored Pencils with Gamasol, the sentiment is by SU- Vintage Labels, & Souffle 3-D opaque Pen for the necklace & earring.

If you like the idea of  "Barbie" looking cards, believe me there are MORE to come in the future!

Here is where I'll be linking this card:

Jump in & join in the FUN!

HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!!!!!!!
TLady


                                                                                 









3 comments:

  1. Hiya, Sweetie!
    That is one fabulous image! I really like the bright and bold colors you used too! I like when you get off topic in your posts! lol Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the very stylish image you have used. Movement and Flow? I'm going to have check that link out. After I read that I looked at the card again and yes , my eyes moved where you said they would, COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm back to tell you I have just found the mag here on ebay......Can't wait to receive it next week. Thanks for leaving a link.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!