Thursday, October 11, 2012

"INSIDE & OUT" AND "GO NATURAL" CHALLENGES!

Hi Friends!!!!!!!!!!!
SURPRISE! ANOTHER POST! I have been FRANTICALLY making cards here for the last couple of days! You should see me! Paper flying, snippets EVERYWHERE, I smell of Copics, & of course, my fingers are ALL INKY! Even my hair is sticking up all over! (No time to primp when you have "Master Pieces" to create, right? LOL)

So, have you been over to Flourishes yet????? Well, you HAVE TO GO!!!!  All those challenges going on & LOTS of stamps to be won! Like I said in my last post I LOVE FLOURISHES!!! AND with this weeks releases, I have needed  oxygen for all the excitement, because I've been gasping so much, I've been  hyperventilating & have fallen out of my seat with their BEAUTY AND the designers GORGEOUS WORK! (No, I didn't hurt myself thankfully! heee-hee! )  IF you haven't been over there to see, SERIOUSLY, GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Here:  http://flourishes.org/blog/ 

Now as I said,  I HAD TO play along! You could win THE WHOLE RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! (If you still haven't been over to Flourishes, JUST TAKE A LOOK AT TODAY'S RELEASE! )http://flourishes.org/2012/10/sneak-peeks-day-4-naturally-merry/#comments  So, I did a card for EACH of the afternoon play-alongs!

                                                        The first Challenge "Inside & Out":
                                                                         
The challenge is to create a card with not only a beautiful outside but, a beautiful INSIDE TOO! Sometimes, we just get in such a hurry, we forget to do the inside! I was feeling like fall with the cool air  & the changing of the leaves! So, here's my card:

What do you think? My card base is Kraft Card stock for an earthy feel, the image is by Flourishes- A Season Of Thanks; I used My Mind's Eye Designer Paper which gives an old country feel, Copics, Spellbinders Classic Oval, Tim Holtz Tea Stain, & Vintage Photo Ink, Brads that I colored with Alcohol markers for the color I wanted, carrying those little berries from the corn image over to the designer paper, Walmart ribbon tied using The Becca Bow Maker, Dimensionals & I distressed the edges for an old feel! There's nothing like Indian Corn for Fall!

Here's the INSIDE now:
Here I used the same Designer paper on the inside & I distressed the edges of the paper & added Tim Holtz- Vintage Photo Ink! The sentiment & the image is from the same set by Flourishes-A Season Of Thanks! I'm QUITE PLEASED with how this came out! It has a VERY ANTIQUEY FEEL which I LOVE!

Now, for the "Go Natural" Challenge!
With this challenge, you are  to be inspired by nature...you could use the colors in the photo above, & use earthy elements!

Again, I was also inspired by the cool air & the changing of the leaves, & our up-coming Thanksgiving holiday! I wanted the feel of the first Thanksgiving gathering--- here is my card:

ANOTHER Flourishes Image! (A Season Of Thanks) Colored with Copic Markers, Penny Black -Rustic Canvas Designer Paper, Tim Holtz- Vintage Photo Ink, a little frayed burlap (maybe the first Pilgrims used it to carry in the harvest from the field), a little linen thread (this was used in all manner of sewing back then), an antler button ( to signify the venison the pilgrims had along with their wild turkey), some dimensionals, & I did some paper piercing, all on Kraft card stock, which I LOOOVE to use to get that earthy feel! I used SU ink to scrape across the papers edge for a rustic feel. Are you not LOVING this set???????? I didn't even use all the images in this set! 

The challenge closes tomorrow at 5 p.m.! Like I said, you could win the WHOLE RELEASE!!!!! Winners will be announced on the Flourishes Blog on Saturday at noon, CST in the Winners Circle! Oh yes, you DON'T have to have Flourishes stamps to participate, but if you do, you get double the credit!

OK, let me take a breather here! I've been on a FLOURISHES STAMPING FRENZY remember!
Hope you can jump in on all the fun!

Breathing a little better now & thankfully haven't fallen off my chair again!
TLady

See you next week with a "Love Story!"  
Please DO leave me a comment!????!  LOVING to hear from my "friends!"

*************** The card I made for the "Inside & Out" Challenge WON !!!!!!!! **************
(HAPPY DANCING HERE!!!!!!!! ) THANK YOU FLOURISHES!!!!!!!



                                                                                 
                                                                                   
                                                                                

6 comments:

  1. LOL!! Deep breath, Sweetie! Now again! In and out...and I don't mean the card! haha Air in your lungs! ;o)
    I love reading your fun posts! They're an added bonus to your beautiful cards! Maybe I'll have time to pop over to Flourishes tomorrow and take a look! I really do hope you win something just for being SO EXCITED!!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fall card! You ahve been busy and its so fun isn't it. hee hee Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful! Wonderful coloring on your Indian corn! Thanks so much for playing with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh they are abeautiful! I always love when you come to visit! My son is 14..so he doesnt believe (I do) so no naughty and nice lists at the moment, rofl! Maybe for my husband...hmmmm, cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the comp. Great cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It amazes me how much detail and imagination you put into your cards. You have a wonderful gift.
    Your friend,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!