Thursday, October 25, 2012

THE GREAT OUTDOORS!

Hi Friends!
Well, the other day I thought I was going to post the post I had all ready, then I changed my mind! So, I got another post ready & then yesterday, I saw the Challenge over at FLOURISHES! Here: http://flourishes.org/blog/
 Well, I had another Birthday Card to make & that's the challenge! So, here I am with a Masculine Birthday card, "The Great Outdoors!"A woman has the right to change her mind, right? So, this is for  Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays!                                                                   

I had SOOO MUCH FUN making this card for my Honey! I believe I've told you he likes the great outdoors! So, that's what I went after in my card! I know many have trouble with making Masculine cards but, it really isn't that difficult! Just like with women, choose something the man you're making the card for, likes! Granted, some men are harder to choose for than others! In that case you'd probably go with a general masculine image!

Here is my DIORAMA MASCULINE CARD:

What do you think? I've been wanting to make one of these for a LONG TIME! When I got the large Pine Cone stamp from Flourishes, I KNEW it was TIME! 

Here are all the goodies I used:
SU- Noble Deer
CHF- The Pines-for the larger pine tree in the fore-front & in the background.
CHF- Scene It!- Mountains
Flourishes- Sweet Days of Summer- Birds in the background.
Flourishes- Naturally Merry- Pine Cones
SU- Embossing Folder- Wood Grain.
Flourishes- Inside & Out- "Birthday"
SU- Fundamental Phrases- "Happy" 
Dimensionals
Terrifically Tacky Tape
Memento Tuxedo Blk. Ink
Copic Markers
Walmart Ribbon- Camouflage.
Acrylic Paint- white
SU- inks
SU- Framelits Dies- Largest
Tim Holtz- Antique Linen
SU- Punches- Small tag, & Hole punches.
AB Seas Alphabet Stamps from Stampington- 56 on the tag

Here are some close ups:

The tag mimics the hunting tags out there!(There are several different types.)  They usually have numbers on them so, using the recipients age helps out there!(AB Seas Alphabet Stamps from Stampington.) Using the hole punches on the tag...&  I distressed the tag & added Vintage Linen Ink after wading up the tag. Using linen thread & a little safety pin I attached the tag to the ribbon!

Here you can see the WONDERFUL Pine Cones helping to frame the images! Look above & you'll see  just how the Pine Cones REALLY add to the whole look of this! Without them, it just WOULDN'T be the same!
Now you can see where I popped the Pine Cones up on Dimensionals & how I also stamped extra pieces of the Pine part of the stamped image! Popping it up too & cutting fringe pieces to make it look more realistic! You can see it below also!

Here are the dimensions & how I made this card:
You need 2- 11" x 6 1/2" - for the Front & Back pieces- I used Blue & Brown.
1- 9" x 6 1/2"-for the inner piece- I used Blue.
For the Front piece & Back Piece- Score at 2" on either end of the card stock, short ends.
For the Inner piece- Score at 1" on either end, short ends.
Die Cut the Front piece & the Inner piece, making sure they line up.
*The card dimensions are too big to run through the Cuddle bug so, I had to hand cut my pieces. Along with cutting the front wood grain piece in half, then embossing it! *
I stamped the Deer, the Pine Tree & the Pine Cones & colored them in with Copic markers, fussy cut them out & coloring the edges blue with Copics.  (I hate that stark white on something like this!)

Here are the Panels:
This is the Back Panel-I stamped it to create a background; laying the other panels over it at times, laying the Pine Tree & Deer in place,  to make sure things were placed where I wanted them! I colored the bottom part & up into the scene with a Copic marker. I applied White Stazon Ink with a sponge for clouds & mist/fog. It didn't seem like enough so, I used Acrylic White paint. I then needed to darken some of the trees & the mountains with Copics. I added the birds last. (Notice which way the piece bends after scoring.)
This is the Inner Panel- I used a copic to color the green half of the panel. (Nothing major, as it really won't be seen. ) Laying this panel over the Back Panel I placed the Trees & the Deer & attached them to the panel. (Notice which way the piece bends after scoring.) Add tacky tape to the outside of the side pieces  & attach to the Back Panel, placing it inside of the back panel.  
This is the Front Panel- After Embossing the decorative panel, I added SU ink to make the wood grain pop, by rubbing the ink pad over it. Adhere the panel to the Front panel, cut the opening using the piece already cut as a guide & then using a sponge add a darker brown ink around the die cut opening, & run the ink pad on the edges of the front panel. Add the ribbon to corners. Pop the Pine Cones up on dimensionals & the extra Pine pieces on dimensionals too. Add the Tag after stamping & distressing, made with SU- Small Tag Punch & hole punches.
Now  add tacky tape  to the inside side pieces and attach to the Back & Inner Panels.

Here you can see the layers of the Panels at the top of the photo. AND guess what? This card folds FLAT for mailing! If you would like smaller dimensions try SCS here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/diorama_card/

So, what do you think????
This was SUCH FUN to make! Hope you give it a try! What scene would you create? I would
LOVE to hear!

Till next week when I post some CAS Christmas Cards!
(Are you making your Christmas Cards yet?)  
TLady

ALL comments are WELCOME & VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!








  


11 comments:

  1. OMG! You are so creative and patient. Cutting all those pieces and coloring them. WOW. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie!
    I think it just AUTOMATICALLY comes when you LOVE what you do & when you LOVE the one you're making the card for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...it's absolutely FABULOUS!! That pine cone image is GORGEOUS! You've created a beautiful scene! Thanks so much for sharing it!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU Nancy! ISN'T that a FABULOUS IMAGE though????? I LOVE IT too! It just POPS!!!!!!!!! :) HAPPY ME! :)You can use it for Masculine cards, ANYTHING with nature AND CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work on all the detail in the diorama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh woow he will love this....and yes women def. have the right to change their minds! Love the demension to this....reminds me of the sugar eggs at easter my mom bought me that you peeked inside to find a scene....hugs, cherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good golly Becky! This card is incredible! Your attention is fabulous! I am a nature lover and this card calls to me! Thanks for playing along with us this week for our Flourishes' "Timeless Tuesday" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky this is masculine to the core! I love the box you created with the scene, aren't these pinecones fabulous? I love them myself. Beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it's really nice...Beautiful layout. Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Keep sharing more.
    Spellbinders

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!