Saturday, November 10, 2012

CHF Challenge & A Pine Cone Tutorial !

Hi Friends!
HOPE your weekend is going FABULOUSLY!!!!!! I have a couple cards for you today that I will be entering in a CHF (Cornish Heritage Farms) Challenge! You are to feature a Thomas Kinkade image! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these stamps! They're SO MUCH FUN to use! AND the images are GORGEOUS! You can color them in OR leave them as they are! I can't seem to resist coloring them in! So here is the first one using "The Light Of Peace" stamp:
I colored the image with Dick Blick colored Pencils & I used Stickles on the white caps of the waves. Also using a Krylon Silver Pen to edge the paper.
 
My second card also using a Thomas Kinkade Stamp- "The Good Life" & "Home Is Best" sentiment stamp.
I stamped the image with Versa Fine- Vintage Sepia & colored it in with Dick Blick Colored Pencils. Notice, I only colored in the trees, green land scape & the windows of the cabin. I was shooting for a fall look but, it looks a little more Christmassy with the red ribbon! The designer paper is My Minds Eye & I edged it with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, the layers &  the image itself. I also used Spellbinders Scallop Circle Die & Beccas' Bow Maker.
 
Now for the PINE CONE! I did a little tutorial for you as this would be a SUPER ADDITION to ones Christmas Cards! AND I needed a little home- spun earthy embellishment for this card!
 
 
Here are the supplies needed:
SU- 1/2" Circle Punch
Build a Bird Punch-wing
Scissors
Stylus
Tweezers
Glue Gun
Chocolate Chip Ink Pad
MS Punch- for the leaf
Brown & Green Card stock
Pad for using stylus (I used a paper piercing pad)
 
First step:
Cut out 16-18 wings from the Build a Bird Punch & 1- 1/2" circle all in Brown Card stock.
 
Step 2:
Cut a little dip in the larger end of the wing. To the RIGHT is a normal wing & to the left are the wings that have been cut. You can stack them & cut them so it won't take as long.
 
Step 3:
Using your stylus & pad shape your cone petals till they are cupped.
 
Step 4:
Pinch the small end of each petal & curl the other end with tweezers on both sides of the larger end.
 
 
This is a CURLED PETAL! (The one above it is one that hasn't been curled.)
 
Step 5:
Use your Chocolate Chip Ink Pad to rub color onto the small end of each petal. This will add depth to your pine cone. You could also sponge it on if you like.
 
Step 6:
Using your 1/2" Circle Punch as the base, add some Hot Glue & then start adding petals around.
* Guess what I discovered? The little blue mat in the picture- is a Silicone Hot Pad! Just like the Silicone pad in the SU Mini, you can add your hot glue to it & peel it right off! You can find them in your local Walmart! *
 
This is what you'll get! Don't worry about the strings or blobs of glue at this point!
 
Step 7:
This is your second layer over the bottom layer of petals! Try standing them up a little.
 
Step 8:
This is my third layer!
 
Step 9:
This is your LAST petal! Roll it on the Tweezers. It is the Center of the Pine Cone. Add it to the center of the pine cone.
 
Step 10:
Using your MS punch add the greenery to your pine cone. I used glue dots to attach them to the pine cone. You can add them right to the pine cone or add them when the pine cone is on the card, tucking them under. At this point I also pulled off the strings of glue! And at this point you can also use the tweezers to curl the petals a little more if you feel you need to.
 
As I said, I will be entering these cards in a CHF Challenge here:
Check it out & see if you'd like to play along! (There's a PRIZE!)
 
HOPE you like! AND HOPING to hear from some of my "FRIENDS?" (Have you forgotten me???) 
 
LOVING CHF  & THOMAS KINKADE STAMPS!
TLady 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Your colouring really is top notch. Thank you for sharing the pine cone tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Thomas Kinkade cards - they are just beautiful and you did a wonderful job on them. It has been awhile since I have visited your blog - but have a favor to ask of anyone and everyone out there... I have started my blog and am writing devotionals each week, plus putting up some cards I have done through the week. You are welcome to join and please do! The link is: http://preciouskittyscreations.blogspot.com/

    Hope to see you there! Precious Kitty (Jan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan! I've TRIED to visit but, it won't let me! Can you copy & paste your web address into your comment? That way people can just click on your address & go straight to your blog! HOPE you find this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful images and wonderful coloring! Thank you for sharing your creations and also for the pinecone tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!!! Love the pinecone tut too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for showing us how to make a pine cone. Great work. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love the pinecone tutorial. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous creations! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful way you colored Light of Peace. I own the stamp and had difficulty coloring, with the detail of the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a couple of terrific Thomas Kinkade cards! Thanks for joining us for the CHF Challenge. I hope you'll join us again for this weeks Tree challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!