Wednesday, November 14, 2012

LOVELY Clematis & Butterflies!

Hi Friends!
Posting just a little "early" this week! That way YOU can get in on the FUN! AND I just COULDN'T WAIT ANYMORE!  
This week I thought I'd share another Flourishes card with you using the set, " Clematis & Butterflies!" I don't know about YOU but, I LOOOOOOOVE Clematis flowers! When our children were in Public School I would drive past a house each day (taking them to & from school)  that had an arch COVERED in BEAUTIFUL PURPLE CLEMATIS FLOWERS! I didn't know what kind of flower they were but eventually, found out & made sure I got some to plant when we moved here! My flowers  haven't gotten anywhere like the ones I first saw, PROBABLY due to my NOT green thumb! LOL Notice, the name of this set includes BUTTERFLIES! Here, every spring we are graced with ALL SORTS of GORGEOUS butterflies!!!!!!!!! They're EVERYWHERE! Just like the Indigo Bunting Bird (The bird is  actually black! But, when the light hits them just right, they're a DEEP BLUE! It just has to do with the sun...they're actually NOT BLUE!!!!! ); there are butterflies that are near that color blue too! Now,  you will understand where I got this inspiration from!
Here are the requirements:
1) Use the sketch given.
2) Make it monochromatic.
3) Use decorative paper.
4) Add some sparkle.
AND you have to post your creation to each step in the challenge!
It's due Nov. 16, 5:00 p.m. Est.

Well, I tried to do a technique using my Spellbinders---Where the image comes off the die cut! I colored it in using pastels. Well, THAT wasn't working for me! :( So, I stamped the image again & tried another medium. NOPE! I ACTUALLY tried SEVERAL TIMES with different mediums! FINALLY, settling  on Dick Blick Colored Pencils & Gamasol! I STILL USED the original image with the Spellbinders die as my base!

The Designer Paper I used is from DCWV.
After using Spellbinders, I paper pierced the scallops!
Using the Clematis flower image, I of course wanted to do a purple flower! (Clematis come in several different colors!) The blue butterflies aren't purple BUT, they are in the same color family!
The ribbon & lace are from WALMART! (I'd been admiring some cards with this kind of lace, so when we last went to Walmart I grabbed some! Good thing!)
My BLING? I used Stickles on the flower centers & on the butterflies.
AND I used some rhinestones! These rhinestones are the kind you iron on your clothes. They seemed cheaper than the ready to go kind! I dabbed glue & placed each rhinestone individually!


So, what do you think?
Next, you can see where I added dimensionals  to pop up the flowers & butterflies!

HOPE you like!!!!!!! This is making me want SPRING already! IF you're FAST at creating cards, jump in & join in the fun, here:
AND there's a PRIZE!!!!!!!!! :)

Now, here's a little forecast of what's to come before Spring!
I THINK Santa is letting the deer have a day of romping about with the up-coming "BIG JOB!"
They MUST like our foliage! There are three of them! They've been hanging around for days!
MAYBE, they understand we have the magic greens that help them FLY!!!!! :)

Hmm, NOW I want some Christmas cards!!!!!!! Aren't we fickle people!

Sometimes, a little FICKLE!
TLady





7 comments:

  1. Beautiful blues and purples Becky. Great dimension on those flowers too.

    And...I have to thank you so much. I received the tea cup, card and chocolates yesterday and I was SO touched! Thank you. It was lovely, and I'm so glad you're enjoying your sets. And...you have lovely handwriting too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love how the clematis curves around the circle and the bright fun color! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Becky! Beautiful colors, and that ribbon and lace are gorgeous! Love the photos of your yard guests too! Isn't it a thrill to see such beautiful animals right in your yard. We had a deer in our yard for quite some time too! So fun! Have a great day!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, lots of work you put into it. love the picture of the deer. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright purples and blues you used. The added dimension is a great touch. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vibrant and beautiful. The purples are lovely, wonderful ribbon and great dimension with popping up the flowers. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Progressive Challenge this week.
    p.s. The deer are awesome, what a great thing to have captured on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card! It looks like you poured a lot of love into it, and I love all of the dimension you added! I'm also in AWE of your deer photos!! How incredible to get to be so close to them! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!