Thursday, November 29, 2012

Merry & Bright!

Hi Friends!
Whew! Have you EVER had one of those weeks where you just couldn't get going??? MAYBE, it was too much GOOD EAT'N!!!! I HOPE everyone had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving & ate to their hearts content! Your tummies filled  with cranberry sauce, stuffing, turkey & LOVE! Oh, & pumpkin pie of course, with a little whipped cream on top!
Even though I couldn't get going,  I have a Christmas card for you! I LOOOOOVE Christmas Stamps! If there's one time of the year I like to have ALOT of stamps to play with, it's Christmas time! I like to play & figure out which I like BEST! AND of course, you have them for years to come! Just think, what would happen if a year rolled around & NO ONE had a Christmas Stamp/Set you liked??? What would you do? I'm prepared! LOL
Well, I started playing with a SU set called Ornament Keepsakes! I wanted this set from the time it came out!  I used the little bulbs in the set! I used the techniques of stamping off & masking. And I tried to make it CAS. Although, I have a hard time stopping when it comes to actual stamping! Here's my card:
You can see I stamped alot of these three little bulbs & added glitter gel pens to them to make them shine! I did an under layer of this image too-- messing it up, I didn't want to let it go to waste after edging it with red Stickles! The top image layer is popped up with dimensionals. Here is a closer look at the bulbs:
You can see the under layer here a little better.
The white layer the image is on has been scored to give an embossed look using my Score Buddy!Then it is layered on the card base.
The ribbon is from Walmart! And the Sentiment is from Flourishes-Naturally Merry.
Here is the inside:

Of course, you HAVE TO decorate the inside of your Christmas Cards!
HOPE this gives you some INSPIRATION for those Christmas cards you have yet to make! (I'm STILL WORKING on my final design for the ones I send out!)

As we prepare to celebrate the Season of Joy, remember TO BE "Merry & Bright!"

Matthew 1: 21
"And she shall bring forth a son, & thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Grateful for a Savior!
TLady



3 comments:

  1. What a great card. Love the colours you have choosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you wanted this SU set!! Beautiful Christmas card , love the design and all the glittery shine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty! I love the shimmer and shine to the ornaments! Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!