Thursday, November 8, 2012

Skating Around the Rink!

Hi Friends!
Just want to give you a Scripture to savor after a tumultous week or two here in the U.S.A.
"For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11
And what is that "end?"
"Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy & blameless before him." Eph. 1:4
Just as an engaged woman excitedly & takes  care to prepare for her wedding, wanting everything & herself to look her best for her groom on their wedding day, we should prepare ourselves for our groom- Christ,  on the day of His return! To present ourselves HOLY! To be holy as He is holy! THIS is our reason for living! To bring Him glory in holiness! (From Nancy Leigh DeMoss' Book- The Quiet Place, Daily Devotional Readings.)
Be ready for His coming, for He IS coming SOON!
(IF you want MORE INFORMATION about what I'm talking about you can send me an e-mail by clicking on the left side of this post, under my profile.)

Do you have fond memories of  Ice Skating? I have some memories---I don't have specific memories as a child eventhough, I know I was probably taken, living in a COLD Northern state back then. I do have memories when I was in the Singles group at church--- putting on those skates & getting on the ice & doing pretty good & then KA-PLOP! Not knowing HOW to get up in the middle of the rink, I crawled to the side, CAREFULLY! Dodging other skaters! From there on, I stayed close to the side! LOL No sense in loosing fingers while trying to have some fun! Now, on to "Paper Fun!"

I have a FUN TECHNIQUE to share with you today! I've used SEVERAL TECHNIQUES today on the first card I have for you!
I've been thinking about this particular technique since I saw it done on Dawns blog! She has a SLEW of techniques to share FREE! I used to go to a woman's house to learn these things but, $10.00 is ALOT of cash to part with these days! And I'm one who is ALWAYS looking for ways to save $$$$ !  And going to Dawns blog you can learn at YOUR OWN PACE! Check here to see Dawn do the ICE CRYSTAL technique: http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2012/10/ice-crystal-background-technique-video-.html

MOXIE FAB is also having a STITCHING/SEWING CHALLENGE here: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/10/paper-crafting-tips-tricks-week_26.html
So, I combined the Ice Crystal  technique with the Stitching/ Sewing Challenge! Take a look at what I did!                           
Oh my goodness, this was SO MUCH FUN! For the ICE CRYSTAL technique mix: 1/4 c. Hot water (I boiled mine) & 1/4 c. Epsom Salts. Dissolve the salts. Then apply the mixture in one coat, not overlapping. Let dry! I tried using a heat gun but, it didn't work. You have to let this air dry! It will look like shiney ice crystals! You can see the shiny on my card a bit here!
Here you can see the Snow flakes I stamped on the paper before I applied the salts. I stamped them with white Stazon, using SU- Serene Snowflakes (the little one) . I thought they were acting like a resist at first. But, it looks like the salts crystalized on the snow flakes! Just like the frost on your windshield in the morning!
 It's "SO COOL!"
Another close up look of the Ice Crystals! Here you can see where I also popped up the Ice Skates on Dimensionals too.

I stamped the Ice Skates twice, ( Flourishes-Snow Days),once for your base image & once for the image you pop up. Cut off the blades on the one you pop up, saving them. Crunch up the skates & then open them up. I applied Tim Holtz Antique Linen & then Vintage Tea Stain with a Paper Blending Stick from Dick Blick, trying to make them look like old & worn leather. I also used Dick Blick Colored Pencils & Gamsol to blend the color, around the blue background for the skates & the heels. For the blades I used a Krylon Silver Pen. (Gotta have that metalic shine!) I also added glue to the pom-poms & MS Crystal Fine Glitter.

I did stamp the background paper with the Snow Flakes first with White Stazon for the Snow Flakes & I stamped the Greeting with Memento before adding the Salts. When dry I ran this through the Sewing Machine which depict the lines on the ice one leaves when Ice Skating. I also used a SU punch for the sides of this panel & for the corners of this card.
What do you think?

Now here's another card I made QUITE AWHILE BACK! I sent it to a couple of ladies, sisters, that had us to their  Christmas Party a few years back. There was GOOD FOOD & LOTS of NICE  people! Thinking about the Moxie Fab Challenge I thought of this card & it inspired me to make the above card!
I used SU- Winter Post- Skaters & large Snowflake, a Rhinestone, Inkadinkado-(I don't see a title on the package for this set. It has winter postage stamps in the set but, there is a NUMBER, # 94227) small Snowflake, Dick Blick colored pencils,  SU- Heartfelt Thanks, SU- gold embossing powder, My Minds Eye Paper, & Stitching, all done on Craft cardstock & Walmart ribbon!

On this card, the Stitching is swirled across the horizon, depicting the ice skate marks on the ice too! Thank you cards can be Seasonal too! 

Hope you enjoyed my post today! Would LOVE to hear your thoughts! As one Cherry says, "I see ALOT of  'lurkers!' LOTS of traffic but, not many comments! The ONLY WAY to make friends is to jump in & be a part of it all!  

Now, do you want to go ICE SKATING????
(Remember, if you don't know HOW to get up once you've fallen, STAY CLOSE TO THE SIDES!)  
TLady





1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!