Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thinking CHRISTMAS!

Hi Friends!
Let me say first & foremost, I have been watching the news on all the devastation on the East Coast this week! It is heart breaking to see all the damage & to know there were lives lost! So many people displaced! And many have lost so much! My prayers are with you!
"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13: 5c
thought I had a post already BUT, thought it should wait till another time. So, I thought we'd start on CHRISTMAS CARDS!!!! I've been drawing out sketches & running them by my Sweetie, who has a REAL EYE for things! This ISN'T one of those sketches that he picked out but, I HAD TO try this one! I have a hard time doing CAS but, I DO LIKE to do CAS! I just have a difficult time STOPPING! Do you know what I mean???? So, I started these & then I couldn't stop till I'd done a little set! Here's the first one:

The second:


The third:


The set:


My cards were made with: SU- Bells & Boughs & Designer Frames Folders. I used a gold Calligraphy pen by Zig & SU Markers & EK Success Millennium Collection Pens.

This was a FUN SET to make! A few things I discovered, the little embossing folder left the "Made in China" on the INSIDE of the card! Eek! So, I suggest adding a piece of paper to the inside when you emboss, between the backside of the folder & your card! I also used some EK Success Millennium Collection Pens to go over the image after coloring them in so, you could see the detail &  they would stand out more!

Just a little Design lesson here: My cards are featuring the "QUIET SPACE." Using the white to make the focal point the thing that draws your attention & nothing else! You don't have to use white either, but other solid colors. This Design Element is GREAT for CAS!

Short & Sweet this week! Have you started on your Christmas Cards yet? I am a LONG WAY from sitting down & doing my FINAL CARDS!  At this point, I just want to PLAY!!!!!!! 
And then in the play, just MAYBE I'll decide which card to send out this year! I like to send everyone the same card! I also like to try new techniques at this time! (Or at least new to me! ALWAYS trying to learn techniques! Never stop learning!  )

HOPE you enjoyed this post this week! Off to PLAY some more!
HAPPY STAMPING!
TLady  

Comments are ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Just a little money saving tip for you that I discovered: Do you use a DISHWASHER? Then you'll want to know this! Here's a recipe for
 HOMEMADE DISHWASHER DETERGENT!
1 c. Washing Soda
1 c. Borax
Mix well in a plastic container.
Use 2 T. & add 2-3 drops of liquid dish soap.
For the Rinse cycle:
Use Distilled White Vinegar.
You can find MORE recipes here:
The ingredients will save you a BUNDLE!!!!! They can be found at your local grocery in the laundry detergent isle. Here's what to look for:
 AND guess what? I think it works BETTER than the leading brands out there! I had an issue with my dishwasher; I'd clean out the filters & I'd STILL have an odor! NOT with using THIS Homemade Dishwashing Detergent!
Hope you find this helpful!

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, Becky! Your set of Christmas cards are lovely! I guess I should start thinking about that soon! I can't believe it's already November! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS christmas cards and they won't cost a ton in postage. I like the oval frame too. Great job.
    FYI... Audrey is not my neice. hee hee She is a dear dear friend of mines daughters first girl. I am very fond of them as my friend is such a sweetheart. I wish one of our sisters (3) would actually have kids though, it would be awesome. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful CAS card set. I can not do CAS to save my life. LOL

    That is the same recipe I use for laundry soap...I guess they are pretty much the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky - your cards are fabulous!!! Thank you for reminding me that I need to get started early with me...last year I was so late on sending them out, I sent them AFTER {ugh!} Christmas!

    I'm going to try that homemade detergent. I think I have those items in my cabinet. ;)

    -PaMeLa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards for the holidays! Thank you so much for your nice comments! :)
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!