Friday, August 8, 2014

The Birthday of "THE KING!"

Hi Friends!
"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! "
Here is THE card I sent out this year! I felt it was a year to FOCUS on THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! CHRIST OUR LORD! The Birthday of "THE KING!" 

This is the ONE TIME of the year that I buy the GOOD CARD STOCK & DESIGNER PAPERS! You'll see I used my Gold Krylon pen, Tim Holtz Vintage Tea Stain, SU Image- Come to Bethlehem & SU Gold Embossing Powder, SU- Apothecary Accents Die & Paper-Piercing Pack Essentials, SU Designer papers-Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP, I used Garden Green Cardstock for the base card. Notice the webbed gold ribbon? My Sweetheart brought that home one day fromWalmart! I'd asked for one kind of gold ribbon & he got this instead. Wrong thing BUT, it was SUCH A  GOOD "wrong thing!" I fell in love with it & KNEW I wanted to use it on my Christmas Cards! (My hubby does things like that, not wanting to disapppoint me! He's got GREAT TASTE!)  The Holly is from Flourishes-Naturally Merry! I colored it in with Copics! I LOOOOOOVE Copics & the brilliancy of them! I also used TH Vintage Tea Stain to antique them. It's actually one stamped image & I fussy cut it, cut it apart  & placed it where I wanted it! Can you see the GOLD STITCHING? I let it go all wonky on the machine! I just HAD TO add MORE GOLD! It seems to me it's only fitting for the Birthday of  
"THE  KING!"

INSIDE----
Here I used the WHOLE image of the Holly from Flourishes! (I LOOOOOOVE this stamp!) & the inside sentiments are from the same SU set- Come to Bethlehem. I used the SU die- Labels Collection & used TH Vintage Tea Stain.

Here is the card with the Envelope: 
Isn't that Holly Image GORGEOUS??????

I ALSO made a little package to match, to hold a pair of those Vintage Winter Mitten Ornments from last week for a few people.
I used packaging material to make this. You know the wadded up paper that comes in a package?
Using the same stamp sets- Flourishes-Naturally Merry, SU- "Merry Christmas"- Come to Bethlehem, AND SU- Winter Post. Also used my Gold Krylon Pen & my sewing machine to stitch the little package together.
 Stamp/ decorate the pieces first. Make  the top layer then stitch that to the top larger layer, then stitch those to the largest top piece, then stitch  the largest pieces together making a pouch. (I have 4 layers for the top.)
  NOTICE the little tab/tag? I straight stitched using a WIDE stitch & left the thread long so I could tie it to the little tag-SU Tiny Tags. Only tie ONE of the threads & snip the bottom thread off & tape the other to the tag & trim off excess tape. When this tab is pulled it should open the little package! Kinda like a "zip tab."

Here's the card with the little package:
A little regal & vintage! Perfect for Christmas!

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior,which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
Luke 2: 11-14

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS FILLED with LOVE & those you love! 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!!!!!!!"
TLady






11 comments:

  1. Wow! Your card is just stunning! I love all the gold accents, and the wonky stitching is wonderful! Gorgeous pouch for the mittens too! I just love the whole set! Yes, happy birthday to Jesus and a very Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how truly pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, your card is beautiful! Love the gold embossing! The package is another fabulous idea! Thank you for sharing the wonderful bible verse!

    Merry Christmas to you my sweet friend, hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Magnificent Card! A Beautiful Creation and I totally agree that the Reason for the Season should Shine Brightly!

    Merry Christmas from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous and perfect for Christ our lord! Merry christmas to you and your family! xherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky - it's gorgeous!!! Love it!

    I just noticed my friend Dawn {from my Sweet Salvage visits} posted here on your blog too! Small world!!! LOL!

    Merry Christmas! xo

    -PaMeLa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gold and green are perfect combinations. Pretty <3

    Pixeled Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that wisemen card is gorgeous Brenda!! The gold embossing highlighted with the beautifully holly is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!! What a wonderful card..so detailed! Love the gold embossing! I'm sure everyone who received it, loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love when hubbies do wrong..Err right! I bet people flipped when they got those gorgeous cards!! Thank yo so much for stopping by. Good luck on my dress form giveaway!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!