Sunday, January 13, 2013

What Are Your Goals For The New Year?

Hi Friends!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Maybe, you've been WONDERING where I've been???? With the holidays & our son being home from college I thought it a GOOD TIME to take a little break & just enjoy the family!
With the New Year, some of you may have made "New Years Resolutions?" I don't like to call my GOALS "New Years Resolutions" but, I do see the New Year as a time of the year to REFLECT! My heart has been telling me to go in another direction here lately.  As a Christian, I have been feeling a tug at my heart to do more Bible Study & every day the feeling just gets stronger! Little "reminders" or promptings keep popping up! And having the feeling of needing to be involved LOCALLY to touch others!  
I read a devotional on Jan. 2nd, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, The Quiet Place; which I HIGHLY
RECOMMEND! (It's the BEST Devotional I've EVER read!) For that day the Scripture was:
Psalm 27:4
"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after;"
What is YOUR ONE DESIRE? What is THE ONE THING that you will seek after in this New Year?
For me, my ONE DESIRE for the New Year is to become more knowledgeable in the things of God, that I can help others, that I will be more pleasing to God.
With Homeschooling, I can pick & choose our childs curriculum. Of course, you have guidelines to follow, but you can create your own curriculum too! Some Homeschoolers do it ALL from scratch! I'm NOT one of those! I figure, if the curriculum is there & it's GOOD curriculum, teaching core values you want your child to learn, then GO WITH IT! But, I LIKE the idea of ADDING TO that curriculum as I see fit! So, I am creating a curriculum to use that will TEACH our daughter HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE/ HAVE DEVOTIONS. Bible classes ARE counted as curriculum! They teach those CORE VALUES that our public schools CRY OUT FOR today, but are shoved out because of "Separation of Church & State!" Bible classes give that foundation for living, that standard by which to guide your life & WHY it should be so! And I can see using this curriculum in the ministry I feel being drawn to!
I am using a book I asked "Santa" to get me for Christmas, Lord, Teach Me To Study The Bible In 28 Days, by Kay Arthur. (I used to listen to Kay on the radio back in the days I ran the kids back & forth to public school in our vehicle & I so enjoyed her ministry!) I AM planning to use another book I got back in college from our Campus Bookstore, Lord, I'm Listening by Donna Leonard. She teaches HOW to create a Devotional/Prayer Journal. I know those Devotional/Prayer Journals are VERY BIG these days. I've seen them already made too, but for SOOO MUCH LESS, you can CREATE  YOUR OWN! These are tools that EVERY Christian NEEDS!
As I read Kay's book, guess what the FIRST THING her book taught for the first principle?
 Hosea 4:1-3
" Listen to the word of the Lord, O sons of Israel, For the Lord has a case against the inhabitants of the land. Because there is no faithfulness or kindness Or knowledge of God in the land. There is swearing, deception, murder, stealing & adultery. They employ violence, so that bloodshed follows bloodshed. Therefore the land mourns, And everyone who lives in it languishes (look THAT word up!) Along with the beasts of the field & the birds of the sky, And also the fish of the sea disappear. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."
When you study this verse you learn what happens to people when they LACK KNOWLEDGE. (Another little tug at my heart!)
Lord, I'm listening! And so, BECAUSE I KNOW I MUST OBEY GOD, make HIM MY FIRST PRIORITY, I feel I need to post less often! And even take a little different direction with my blog if necessary OR whether I'm to continue blogging at all.
I haven't forgotten those of you who want my template... I am still trying to figure some things out & just get into town to finish things off... (I KNOW some of you may think I'm "slow" when it comes to this but, my family comes FIRST! And if you've ever Homeschooled, you KNOW my days are filled with grading papers & trying to spur my child on!) And I want to MAKE SURE I do this the way God wants me to! Keep me in your prayers & I'm SURE God will direct my path where this template is concerned. I KNOW it is a gift given to me by God--I say that because remember, Math is NOT a "gift" where I am concerned! (Except through our son, our "little" Math Genius!)

I also want to ENCOURAGE YOU to look at YOUR GOALS for the year & see it they line up with what God wants you to do! IF you feel as I do, feeling the need to study God's Word more & just not sure HOW to go about it, take a look at the books I've listed!

 They can be found here:
The Quiet Place, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss-Christian Book Distributors (CBD) & Amazon.
Lord Teach Me To Study The Bible in 28 Days, by Kay Arthur-Christian Book Distributors (CBD) & Amazon.
Lord, I'm Listening, by Donna Leonard-Amazon (It's no longer in print, you'll have to HUNT for it! )
Another place of learning: 
http://www.truewoman.com/?id=2342
(This is a blog that encourages & teaches daily! )

Here are some CAS Thank You cards I created quite awhile back, Never Posted Before! 
I sent these to some friends that were so sweet in sending me a little something special for Christmas!
They're SO SIMPLE that you not only can make them in a pinch but, you can make a set to give as a gift!
Here I made an envelope to hold the set of cards. The pattern is an old CHF pattern. It was/is to hold Post Cards. I was able to get six cards & envelopes into this matching Storage Envelope!

As I sign off here, I want to also say, "THANK YOU" to Cherry! You can find her here: 
http://cherrysjubileehome.blogspot.com/  Thank you because, I also haven't posted because I couldn't load pictures & had just been sitting on this post till I could figure this out! AND today, Cherry had the SOLUTION! (Problems loading pictures on your blog? You have to use a different browser!) That's what you get when you just aren't that good at the computer! LOL

DO keep me in your prayers as I am knocking on doors for reaching out & touching those locally! 
Pray that the Lord will have HIS WILL! That I will be OBEDIENT! That HE will BE GLORIFIED! That I will CONTINUE to learn ALL HE HAS FOR ME! 

Seeking His Will!
TLady

* Just a little UPDATE! TODAY, 1-21-13 You can WIN A COPY of The Quiet Place, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss! Jump over to The True Women Blog (listed above) to find out all the details! You'll be QUITE HAPPY if you're one of the winners! They're giving away 3 copies! *




2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS post, Becky! It's great to hear from you! I'm excited for you and your set goals for 2013! I pray that you will continue to be the blessing and encouragement that you have been with this post today! Thank you!
    Great project too!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Wonderful project Becky! Nice cas cards and lovely envelope for a great gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!