Wednesday, February 27, 2013

CHF & Faber-Castell, OH MY!

Hi Blog Friends!
Are you staying WARM???? We've been dealing with rain & as I type this out, I hear thunder & snow is expected tonight! We were out today & as the day rolled on, it just got colder & colder & windy! Brrrr!!!!  At least we can stay inside where it's warm the rest of the night & tomorrow too! HOPE you're doing well with all this snowy cold weather we've been having!
 
I've made you a card, with a stamp set  that I've had stashed away! WHO doesn't love Norman Rockwell?  It's PERFECT for what's going on over at CHF! They've been having a blog hop this week AND are going to have a FANTASTIC give-away! So, I HAD TO throw my hat  card into the mix! DO go over & take a look! I KNOW you'll LOVE what the ladies have created AND what they've CREATED WITH! (Faber-Castell goodies!)   
 
 
If you want in on the Challenge, a DOILY is required! (I used a Wilton Doily, cut it in half & used Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Tea Dye.)
A little faux stitching & a bow.....
A little special designer paper, from DCWV- Linen Closet Stack.  (One piece I used  is a piece that looked like a quilt as I wanted a comforting look!)
A Sentiment of  "Well Wishes!"
An Image from CHF, from the Saturday Evening Post Stamp Set-Common cold,  a little paper piercing & some stickles, Dick Blick Colored Pencils & gamasol! (I feel sick FOR this girl! Look at that sparkley outfit & she can't wear it for the sniffles!)
My finished card!
  
I don't know if my card would cheer- up ANYONE missing out on an occassion to wear such an outfit, but just maybe, it would help them feel just a little better that someone was thinking of them! 
 
Do go over to CHF & get in on all the fun, tutorials, & the give-away! See you there!!!!! 
 
"Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; & let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, & the Lord shall raise him up; "
James 5: 14-15b.
 
STAY WELL & WARM!
TLady  
 
******JUST A LITTLE UPDATE******
I WON the Faber-Castell goodies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
CAN'T WAIT to play with these goodies!!!!!!!!!!  


8 comments:

  1. So, so sweet and pretty! Adorable image and wonderful coloring. Love all the blue and love how you used the doily!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Becky! Love the beautiful ribbon! Yes, Norman Rockwell is wonderful!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous! Love your work. Did you ever publish for purchase a tutorial for your lovely tea cup/Saucer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! What a sweet card, Becky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Becky! Such pretty colors and a great image. I remember thunder-snow when we lived in South Dakota...the first time it happened I thought Jesus was coming right then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card!......I've been catching up on your wonderful projects, love all the gorgeous valentine creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that would be sad to miss out on such a formal occasion! But it's a sweet image and a lovely card! Love your floral paper too, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations your card is very cute!
    thank your for you comment on my Aquarelle Birthday Card post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!