Thursday, April 11, 2013

Summer Lovin' Challenge!

Hi Blog Friends!

The weather here is GORGEOUS!!!!! The grass is SOOO GREEN! The trees have buds that are red & some trees have blossoms on them! SPRING IS HERE!

 BUT, Summer is ON THE WAY! To not have to layer up in  thick clothes, be cold or slip on ice when you step out, SUMMER is WONDERFUL! Warmth that just penetrates! Bright sunshine, flowers,  birds that sing, & butterflies that flitter through the air without a care in the world! (Except for a cat or two around here!)
Of course, as a child summer was ALWAYS my FAVORITE SEASON! NO SCHOOL! Carefree play of riding my bike around the block & chattering with my girlfriends gleefully!

In honor of "Summer" Flourishes is having a "Summer Lovin' Challenge!"
You can use the color palette or create with summer in mind!That's pretty EASY! And of course, if you use Flourishes images, you get double the points! Well, Flourishes Images are AMAZING! So, I'd check them out, even if you can't get in on this challenge! There's ALWAYS something SUPER FUN going on over at Flourishes!

Matter-a-fact, they're even looking for someone to join their DESIGN TEAM! Check out all the details here: http://flourishes.org/2013/03/some-exciting-news/#comments
DO go over & check it out! YOU might be one of the next Designers for Flourishes! EXCITING!!!!
OK! Back to the challenge! (Just thought you might like to know that little special tid-bit of information!)
For the Summer Challenge, I created a few cards that I HOPE you'll like! Like I said, Flourishes Images are AMAZING!!!!!!!! Take a look!
This card is in honor of the FLOWERS & BUTTERFLIES! I absolutely LOVE Clematis flowers! Purple in particular! Notice the butterfly, I popped it up on dimensionals for a special little touch!
What do you think? I wanted a darker background with the teal colored paper & used black embossing power, heat set it & then used bleach in a water color brush to lighten the paper. Then using Gelatos- Pistachio, Lavender, Mango & Lemon I added color! For the smaller areas I used a smudge stick to add color. For the image to REALLY POP, I used a Pitt Artist Pen-white & used the technique of Pointillism. I LOVE how it came out! (Flourishes Image: Clematis & Butterflies)
For the inside:
The verse is BEAUTIFUL & I just used a smaller flower image from the same set!

This is my next card! Taking Inspiration from the colors in the "Inspiration Photo" above. I'm USUALLY not too good at doing Silhouette images but, I was DETERMINED! You don't know HOW MANY TIMES, I stamped this image but, didn't like what I was doing with it! BUT, my persistence paid off! I used Versa-Mark & added a pastel pink Embossing powder & heat set. Then using Gelatos- Bubble Gum & Guava; I rubbed the gelatos, starting with Bubble Gum, over the image & then rubbed with my finger outward spreading the color, filling in the outer area with Guava. The printed paper is by DCWV- The Spring Fling & Summer Days Combo Stack. I thought the print looked like a little girls dress. I also added Liquid pearls in Platinum Pearl for the little gray stripes in the Inspiration picture. The green color IS there, just not as evident! This one came out making me think of a Cameo! ( Flourishes Image- Sweet Days of Summer) 
Here is the inside, simply done!

My next card was PURE FUN thinking of the days when our kids were little & enjoyed summer fun! Water play was ALWAYS FUN! AND YES, pop-sickle's too! Just like this little boy, active & all into this activity, so was our son. A little timid & not quite wanting that water in her face as this little girl seems, so was our daughter! AND PROBABLY, this little boy liked to be the one to SPLASH THE WATER IN HIS SISTER'S FACE TOO! JUST LIKE OUR SON! Life is DEFINITELY MORE FUN WITH KIDS! (What will we do when the "empty nest" comes?)
The papers used were from the same pack I used above. I saw that blue sky with the clouds & KNEW it was PERFECT for this image! I used  Gelatos- Lime & Green Tea to "ground" the image!
My card needed just a little something to make it "finished!" So, I made a TEENY-TINY pin-wheel, One Inch! Have you ever tried to make one that small??? Well, good glue wouldn't hold it & the paper would rip & fall apart in the middle, so I made a flat one & placed a SU- Clear Button on top to protect it! (Flourishes Image- Sweet Days of Summer)  

That's it for me today! I AM looking forward to SUMMER! How about YOU? Any "SPECIAL" PLANS??? HOPE you get in on all the "SUMMER FUN" over at Flourishes! See you there!

"And I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing."
Ezekiel 34:26

Looking forward to  SUMMER FUN!
TLady












10 comments:

  1. Yay for you and your beautiful Spring weather! We're actually getting MORE snow today! lol
    Anther fabulous and fun post, my friend! Thank you for sharing your wonderful projects!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that great sky in the summer lovin' challenge card Becky! Looks so beautifully vibrant like it's a spectacular day out there in the sprinkler! Thanks so much for playing along with ut at Flourishes this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Becky...you've been on a roll!!! Love your flower card and your beautiful summer cards...so fun! Thank you so much for joining in the fun..can't wait to find out who will join us at the Flourishes family :) !?!? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! You have so many good ideas and card creations to show! I could look at your first card all day! You have a great eye for details and thinking out great design layouts!

    Thank you for playing Flourishes Summer Challenge!
    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness is right!!! Becky these are just lovely. I was so touched by all your sweet and wonderful comments on my Blog and knew I wanted to stop by for a visit as soon as I had time - AND I'M SO GLAD I DID. You are such an inspiration to me right now - seriously!! Beautiful summer inspired cards - love them!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokers girl you have been busy. I saw the other two and now this one is awesome as well. Vibrant and bold! Enjoy stamping as right now I have not had the time. EEK!!! :0) Thanks for playing in Flourishes Summer Lovin challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! All 3 are gorgeous. I am with Stacy, I haven't had much time to stamp either. I can see you are liking those Gelatos. :)

    Thanks for playing in the Flourishes challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky - Pretty, pretty, pretty!!!! ♥

    -pamela ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work,thanks for sharing all this beautiful inspiration. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!