Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hats Off To You!

Hello Blog Friends!
It's time for "Timeless Tuesdays" over at Flourishes! And I just HAD TO join in! 
Our daughter is GRADUATING from High School so, it was time to make her a special congratulatory card & make some announcements to go off in the mail too! Seeing that we home school, you can find places to do the announcements but, I like to do my own!
 The challenge? BLACK ACCENTS!
How easy is that?  If you want to join in, check here for all the details:
The deadline is Monday, 6 p.m.
Here is my Graduation Announcement for our daughter, OF COURSE made with a Flourishes Stamp Set, Hats Off To You!
(I've covered up areas that are personal.)
The "main image" is all the information! I typed it out on the computer, choosing the font I wanted & the size. Then I added my "accents!" The accent is the Flourish Silhouette of a Graduate! I'm not sure if you can see the embossing I did on either side of the card. Just a couple of stripes.  And beside the card is my matching envelope! I love this little mortar board!
This is the inside! If you look closely, you can see slits---this will hold our daughters photo!  
Next, I needed to make our daughter a card of Congratulations from us! I made our son one of these when he graduated from High School & he loved it! Take a look:
It looks like a little book! Notice the Black Accents? The binding, the "bookmark ribbon," & the scalloped circle behind the cover image.
Inside: Black Accents on the cover of the mini-card inside. Gold ink for the sentiment, also in this set.
Notice the little card, with the picture of a "college" building & another sentiment?  (From the same set.) This card will act as a "Gift Card!" Here is the other side:
I wrote out what I wanted it to say & used Jolee's Stickers. A close-up of  the little pocket that holds the card:
Another sentiment with this set! And another "accent in black"- a mortar board image!
The inside of the mini- card that fits right inside this little "book." I LOVE this saying by Corrie Ten Boom, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God---!" HOW TRUE IT IS!!!! (Printed from the computer.) More black accent- the matting around the sentiment!
Another look at the outside.
A close- up of the front. I used pointillism to make the image pop! ( The white mortar board & diploma would have faded into the background... White is reserved for females!) Another mortar board & diploma from the same set! ( AND this set has MORE IMAGES!)
I popped the image up on dimensionals. 
The binding! I embossed it with a Cuddle-bug Embossing folder- Argyle & rubbed gold ink over it, which makes the Argyle pattern pop.

I made my own template for this but, for help with making your own check out Betsy Veldman's blog here:

Additional supplies used:
Tim Holtz Tea Stain Ink
2 Brads
Memento Ink
Krylon Gold Pen
Velcro
Copics
Spellbinders Scallop Classic Circle
SU- Apothecary Accents Die

Let me know what you think?  Especially if, you want to make someone SMILE!
HOPE to see you over at Flourishes!
TLady

P.S. Just a little update: Thank you for your prayers in our time of "refining!" Things still aren't resolved but, we KNOW things are being done to resolve our situation! Please continue in prayer for us? Your prayers are VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! 







5 comments:

  1. WOW! You did such a fabulous job. I am sure you daughter will love the gifts you made for her. Congrats on her graduation. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...these are fabulous! I agree your daughter will love this idea! *Congratulations* to her graduation!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love what you have done, AWESOME!!|

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely selection of grad items for your daughter! The gift card holder is really great especially with the rich green, black and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Congrats to your daughter. :)
    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!