Saturday, May 25, 2013

Life Is....

Hi Blog Friends!
As you will see I have been QUITE BUSY here!  I have been working on a gift for a friends' daughter & I FINALLY have it ready for mailing! Hubby will take it to the Post Office tomorrow! (Written on the 22nd.)  I have a friend who is going to be a Grandmother in June! Her FIRST GRANDCHILD! And it's going to be A BOY! When you think of having a boy, what do you think, "Life is?"  (I'll give you my answer in a little bit! Just think on that...!)  
Here are some pictures of what's inside my package!

It's a Hand Knit Baby Sweater Set, size birth -9 months! It's my "standard" baby gift! I LOVE to make these! (Not knowing anyone who was having a baby for awhile, I've MISSED making these!)  It's an OLD PATTERN from an Intermediate Knitting Class I took in my teens from Sears! (THAT probably dates me!)  Here are a few more pictures of each of the pieces. First, the little hat.

 The Little mittens & I added a crochet chain so they won't be lost.

The Little booties.

This pattern is pretty easy in that it's basically Stockinette & Garter stitch throughout.
I  added a SPECIAL TAG to the collar- SU-Hand Knit set. (" Hand Knit for you. This item is a one-of-a-kind creation for your enjoyment.") I just used Cotton Ribbon & stamped it with Stazon & used Fray Check on the edges.

I HAD TO create some Care Labels...Sweater image is SU-  Hand Knit set, PTI- Dies-Thread Cards & other stamps-Hanging by a thread.

Here's the other side of these tags- "Hand Knit by" is by SU- Hand Knit set, NOTICE the little Laundry Care Label? I just LOOOOOOOVE this! I've wanted a set like this FOR AGES!!!! PTI- Handle with Care set. (I've been "observing PTI Designer blogs for SOME TIME now & this is the FIRST TIME I've had some! In my observations, I've DISCOVERED they are EXTREMELY VERSATILE, & FUNCTIONAL for everyday type uses! I've always been one who likes "Functionality" in the things I make! And I'm SO HAPPY to have this little Laundry Care set! I've ALWAYS thought it would be nice to add a "care label" rather than a piece of the yarn label! ) One of the little Thread Cards holds extra yarn for mending if needed too.

I've added some SPECIAL LITTLE GOODIES just for the baby too! I made these for BOTH of our kids before they were born & placed them in the Hospital bassinet! When they were little, they carried them all around the house, slept with them, chewed on them, & cried on them! They're just the right size for little-ones hands! I made a special little Laundry Care Tag for them too, SU-Chocolate Bunny!

***BABY SOCK BUNNY TOYS***
They're made out of white sport socks! I got the pattern out of a magazine, (Sorry, can't remember which one.) when I was a kid & tucked it away for keeping... (If you'd like the PATTERN & a TUTORIAL on these leave me a comment asking for them & I'll post it!) Oh yeah, our kids STILL HAVE THEIR little Bunnies, tucked away now, a little worn, but they've been LOVED!

Now, for the Tag on the outside of the Gift Bag I've made:
I LOOOOOVE Peter Rabbit! (Crafter's Companion), he seems PERFECT to go with my Sock Bunnies, AND the little Garden Gate? Flourishes- Garden Gate set. I used SU- Watercolor Crayons. And you've probably noticed the sheer bag that you can see the little boy bunny peeking out of... I made that out of Sheer Material! (Seriously, it is material to make "Sheers" for windows! IF you want instructions for this too, let me know in the comments!)

 I tied off the top with a large blue ribbon.

This is a NEW DIE from PTI! It's called the "Zipper Die Boarder!" (They have smaller ones too for card making, Mover & Shakers Zipper Dies. This is one of the things that helped to sell me on PTI!) The little arrow says "Pull here," from the Movers & Shakers Sentiments set. You pull that back & underneath is stripped designer paper that gives the answer to "Life is..."  Have you thought of the answer yet? What would you say Life is with a little boy in your life?  "Life is....Full of Adventures!" I thought that REALLY FIT because  being a mom of a "little boy," I know little boys just BRING ADVENTURE to your life! LOTS of fun & wonderful things happen & SOMETIMES MISCHIEF! (Here's an example of  "mischief," that I think might make you chuckle! Way back when our boy was little, I sold Pampered Chef &  Daddy would watched the kids as I would do the home parties. I came home one night carrying in my crates of Kitchen Tools & almost slipped when I walked in the door. I found out, our little boy had gotten into the Pam & sprayed the kitchen down! Another time, he had taken the Sugar Shaker & covered the dog in Cinnamon! The house smelled good but, the  poor dog was sneezing! Our son LOVED the kitchen tools & he enjoyed his own type of  "cooking," I guess! I look back on those days & giggle!)
 And Peter Rabbit is only at the gate of the garden in this picture!

For the back of the tag I added this little sentiment- SU-Curvy Verses, along with To & From:


Next, Peter is in the garden.... & into mischief! "Welcome Baby"-SU Short & Sweet, Modern Punch. The Picket Fence is a PTI die. I LOVE how the dies are decent priced & I believe "MADE IN THE U.S.A!" Nichole even gives SUPER IDEAS on how to store them!

I popped most everything up on dimensionals to give that added 3-D look!

UH-OH!!! Peter got caught! "Let the Adventures begin!"  Notice, he only has one shoe on now!

I popped him up on demensionals too!

Lastly, I HAD TO tuck a card & letter in for the NEW GRANDMA! It's quite simple, made with SU-Movers & Shapers dies. (I got it SUPER CHEAP awhile back when it was discontinued!) It says, "Congratulations" on the outside & "Grandma" on the inside! (I DISCOVERED I don't have ANY STAMPS with Grandma/Grandpa etc.! (Something I'll have to look for!)

Well, that's it for me for now! HOPE you like this post & I'd LOVE to hear what you think! Also, don't forget to ask if you'd like the pattern & tutorial on the Baby Sock Bunny Toys & Sheer Bag! Let me know!

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Remembering those "adventurous" days of chasing my little boy around, they grow up too quickly!
TLady

Additional supplies used:
(Things not mentioned above)

Baby Tag-
* SU paper & DCWV
* SU Labels Collection
* SU- Festive Paper- Piercing Pack
* SU- Adorning Accents Edgelits die
* Edgelits Embossing Folder
*Tim Holtz- Tea Die
* SU- Flower Punches
* Dimensionals & Glue Dots
* Becca Bow Maker
SU- Punch- Decorative Label

Inside Card-
* Flourishes- "Congratulations"- Sentimental Favorites set
SU- " On the birth of your new baby"- Congrats set

Grandmother Card- (Front)
* Flourishes- "Congratulations"-Sentimental Favorites set
SU- Punch- Full Heart
SU- Scallop Edge Boarder

**** Things with a star are things used on most of the other pieces!****













 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Love how you have made labels and tags as well. Bet they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I love the little knitted and crochet sets I've seen {and received} for babies. What a great idea to include those little tags and some yarn for any repairs. This is such a wonderful gift and I'm sure it will be oohed and ahhed over!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!