Friday, June 7, 2013

Father's Day Blessing & MORE!

Hi Blog Friends!
Father's Day is coming up & I've been BUSY trying to make my Sweetheart something SPECIAL!
How about you? Are you ready?
My Husband, Sweetheart & the Father of our children likes the great outdoors & all that goes with it! Including all the critters! I had some stamps that had animals...buuuut, I've used them SO MANY TIMES! I remembered ODB had a MOOSE IMAGE, PERFECT!
AND ODB has a Challenge going on right now too! Pop over & see here:
Here are a few quick details for the Challenge:
Use a prayer, a blessing or an encouraging Scripture. It's to be posted to the ODB blog by June 9th, 8 p.m. EST.
Here is my Father's Day Card:
This image is from: ODB- Father's Day. I used Dick Blick colored pencils & gamasol to blend the image.  I wanted something a little DIFFERENT in the way of fold or how it looked & my family REALLY LIKES cards that DO SOMETHING! So, I pulled out my PTI Movers & Shakers Sliders Die. (Also used, PTI Movers & Shakers Sentiments- Arrow-"Pull Here"). Now watch what happens to this moose & what else is revealed.
How cool is that? AND look at the "secret message!"
To a special FATHER.
"A Good Man obtains favor from the Lord." Proverbs 12:2.
WHAT A SPECIAL MESSAGE!

Something else I used on the front of my card---a 1" Epoxy Sticker that I hand wrote "Happy Father's Day" on, a SU- 1" punch. I found those on Amazon! Here you can also see the little arrow from the PTI Movers & Shakers Sentiments. 

Here is a picture of the inside of the card. Don't forget to make the inside as nice as the outside!

AND  something else ODB has... special stamps for the back of your cards. (They have MANY MORE styles than what I'm showing you!)
I think it's ALWAYS NICE to sign the back of your card! That way your special recipient will remember who gave the card! AND it's NICE to put the maker of the stamp/s on the back too!

I have MORE for you today! (This is the time to go get your husband!) LOL
Here's ANOTHER REASON I like to buy those "Critter" images! My husband ALSO likes to "craft!" He likes to do leather work & create things for hunters; hunting bags, knife sheathes, holsters, gun stock covers, etc.! He does WONDERFUL WORK! He likes the more rustic look when working with leather, as he likes history & the black powder riffles etc.! He LIKED my Moose Stamp from ODB! Here's what he did!

This is just stamped with Stazon on the leather gun stock cover that he made.

The Moose image & a Scripture from the same set, " Our fathers trusted in you; they trusted, and you delivered them." Psalm 22:4.

Sometimes, my husband likes to take the burning tool & engrave the image he stamps. Here is the image engraved.
It just depends on what you like whether you engrave it or not. He went over the image with shoe polish & buffed it afterwards.
So, don't forget to SHARE YOUR STAMPS with your hubby! What creative way can your hubby use your stamps?

I made one more card to show you. If you remember the "mess" I asked you to pray about several posts past...we haven't been able to go to church with all that is going on.... I just wanted our pastor & his wife to know we haven't forgotten about our church family. Let them know we are praying for them too & thank them for their prayers. So here's the card I created For Our Pastor & his wife, & the envelope too:
I went for CAS! This image is from ODB- Lord is my Shepherd. Currently on Clearance at ODB! (If you're wanting some ODB stamps, right now is the time to scoop some up! There are MORE sets on Clearance! Check here:  
The outer sentiment is from a newer set called, Fellowship Sentiments. I have to tell you, when I saw this set I HAD TO HAVE IT! WHAT A  PERFECT SET when you're creating cards for those in your church family!
Here on the front I did a little embossing with my Score-Buddy. I like to call it "Silke Style," after one of the sweet ladies over at ODB! You can check out  "Silke's Style" here:
I just ran some stripes across the middle--just about where the fence would continue...

The inside:
I left enough space so we could write a little note to our pastor & his wife.

ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES USED:
Father's Day Blessing-
 SU-Wood Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz- Tea Stain Ink
Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen- white
SU- Stamp-a-ma-jig

For Our Pastor-
 Versa Mark
SU- Gold Embossing Powder
SU- Framelits-Labels Collection

I HOPE you like my post today. MAYBE, given you some inspiration for your Father's Day card that's yet to be made & HOPE I've given you some NEW IDEAS on HOW to use your stamps!

I'm going to leave you with the Scripture I especially like in this ODB- Father's Day Set I used today---
"A Good Man obtains favor from the Lord."
Proverbs 12:2.
TLady










11 comments:

  1. wow, what a great card, luv the fun fold...hope you have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee you've both been busy! I love the movement fold on the first card! Really great masculine design! And that gun stock cover is amazing! What a great use of stamps!

    And...pop by and send me your mailing address :) I drew your name for the CardMaker Magzine issue :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Becky!! I LOVE both your moose card with that awesome design and your little sheep!! Too perfect!!
    Your Hubby's project is awesome as well!! Thanks for joining us at the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    Blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing. . .love your clever folding card. .amazing!! Commented on the lambkins card over at SCS. . .but your husband's leather work is also amazing!! Can't wait to see his entries in the ODBD shining the light challenge! :-) Thanks for joining us for the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, what a fabulous card! It is so masculine, and I love how you've created the insert for the Scripture verse! You are amazing at guy cards! Congrats and so glad you joined the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous post! I love how you created such an interactive Father's Day card. Super cool that your hubby was able to use your stamps, his work is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Becky what gorgeous projects!!! I LOVE the moose card and how it moves! Great design! Love the card for your pastor too!!! Your hubby and mine would get along very well as he too loves history, black powder rifles and he reenacts the American Revolution time period. What a great job your hubby did on that leather!!! I have to show my hubby that! He will love the idea!!!

    Congrats on your win!!! Enjoy!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky, these are all FABULOUS!!! You are on a roll girlfriend!!! I love each and every card...the embossing on the last card is perfect!!! The stamped engraving is WOWZER...I love that!!! Tell your husband he rocks too :) !!!
    Thank you for your sweet shout out....you are too kind :) !!! Big hugs, ~Silke~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work by both you and hubby.
    Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome fun fold/action card! I have not seen this type of card, and am fascinated by it. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my card. ~Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, the one with the moose is quite fancy. Thanks for sharing them. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!