Saturday, June 29, 2013

"HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!"

Hi Blog Friends!
In case you haven't noticed, I LOVE Challenges! Our Daily Bread has a Challenge right now---The Challenge? Make a Patriotic or Red, White & Blue Card! It's due by Sunday, July 7th at 8 p.m.
Well, Our Daily Bread has some MAGNIFICENT Patriotic Stamps! I haven't seen any Patriotic stamps that compare with ODB's! I've been working on trying to get them ALL! I still have more to get! LOL Thank goodness, these are also stamps that my hubby can use on his crafts too! These images are Patriotic AND Masculine!  
Check here for more information on the Challenge over at Our Daily Bread:
I've made two cards for this challenge! The first is a Tent Card,
 "AMERICA":
This card is made with Our Daily Breads Stamps, Old Flag-for the background! I LOOOVE this stamp! Isn't it GORGEOUS! There's NOTHING LIKE "OLD GLORY!" The Star & "America" is from Home of the Free. The flying Eagle is from Some Gave All; what a GLORIOUS CREATURE with his wings spread wide!  And  the Eagle Head & Scripture are from In God We Trust. The Eagle head is a REALLY NICE SIZE!

For my second card, I tried a new technique-"Felted Card Stock!" I purchased some Patriotic napkins at the store last year for this so, I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by! I'm SURE you all know, AFTER a holiday is the time to buy these types of things!
 Here's my second card,
 "In God We Trust!":
I used a napkin for the background; Peel the napkin's back off first. Then layer white card stock, plastic wrap (making sure it ISN'T the microwavable type, as it doesn't work!) Then the napkin, face up. Make sure you have padding on the bottom of the layers & on top as you iron over them. The plastic wrap will melt & adhere these layers together! Make sure there aren't any bubbles & the edges are all adhered well. Snip off the excess edges & then you can cut this to whatever size you want. The napkin leaves a nice texture, like fabric! After I cut what I wanted I used a SU- Corner Rounder Punch on one corner & then used Tim Holtz-Tea Dye on the edges. If you notice, the napkin had writing on it & I cut it so this would show on my card:
"We the people..." I LOVED this when I bought it! It was SO MUCH NICER, VINTAGE, compared to the other napkins they had in the store! I LOVE that little added touch!
Here is the inside:
"Do not overcome by evil but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21.
 You'll notice I used the same stamps I used on my first card. The only difference is: The front sentiment, "In God We Trust!" & it is from the set, In God We Trust and the Scripture is from Some Gave All.
I HOPE you've enjoyed this post & are planning & have a WONDERFUL DAY of Celebration this week as we all celebrate our INDEPENDENCE & FREEDOM! GOD IS GOOD TO GIVE US FREEDOM!!!!
Hope to see you over at Our Daily Bread!
TLady
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." Psalm 33:12.

*** UPDATE: BOTH of my Patriotic Cards have won the "I'm a Weekly Favorite SplitCoastStampers" Badge! *** 

*** UPDATE: My card "In God We Trust" card has won the "ODB Shinning Light Award!"***
"In God We Trust" was featured on the ODB Blog.

*** UPDATE: My card  "America" also won the "ODB Shinning Light Award!"***
You can see them on the ODB Blog here -  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2394712?&cat=500&ppuser=168869
Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
*** "America" ***
Brad
Dimensionals
SU- Paper
Spellbinders- Classic Ovals
Tim Holtz- Vintage Photo
Memento Black Ink
SU- Inks
***"In God We Trust!" ***
Dimensionals
Ribbon
SU- Paper
Spellbinders- Classic Ovals & Fancy Tags
Tim Holtz- Linen Stain
Memento Black Ink
SU- Inks



 

11 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful! So patriotic and loads of fabulous detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, BOTH of your cards are absolutely AMAZING!! Love your take on patriotic.....just beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two beautiful cards! Love your design and your homemade designer paper. . .first time I tried the technique, the plastic wrap I used would NOT melt. . I finally ended up using a clear garbage bag!! LOL Thanks for sharing your success and the beautiful result over at ODBD!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Becky.
    I just wanted to stop by and let you know that your name was randomly drawn as the winner for the Summer Card Camp 2 winner. Congratulations! I'll announce your name on my blog in the morning, but just wanted to let you know. Send me an email when you have a minute, OK?
    Thanks so much!
    Melissa
    meliphillips@lcturbonet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cards with two very different use of techniques and looks!! Great patriotic cards!! I love the eagle and your flag backgrounds!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge at ODBD!! I am featuring one of your cards on Tomorrow's ODBD post. Please free to grab the ODBD Shining the Light badge on your side bar after that post goes live.

    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fabulous!! I love anything patriotic so I'm a bit partially! :) thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your cards look amazing! I love vintage patriotic cards, too. The stamp on that first card is so beautiful--I may have to get that one before next July! I recently started using napkins, too. It's so much fun! But, instead of using plastic and an iron, I just use ModPodge and glue it to a piece of cs, then cover it with Sparkle ModPodge. It doesn't have the fabric texture, :( but it's pretty in it's own way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are stunning. You have a nice flair for design. Thanks so much for sharing these patriotic gems. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work!! Love the cards! I grinned so big when I saw your verse at the top of your blog!! It's the same verse that I have at the top of mine!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your badge!!! Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the images and colors you used on your vintage card. Thanks so much for telling where you got the stamps as I want to get them. I want to get these as I am a true patriot. My dad, who is 90 years old, flew over the South Pacific in WWII. I am so proud of him. My husband's dad, who passed away only a few years ago, was in the infantry in the South Pacific.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!