Saturday, June 22, 2013

The "CASE"ing of one of Stacy's Cards Challenge!

Hi Blog Friends!
I have some MORE FLOURISHES GOODNESS for you!!! Flourishes has a Challenge right now---All you have to do is CASE one of Stacy's cards! Here:
Now, my interpretation of "CASE"ing, is to try to re-create the card you are "CASE"ing as best you can! It also means you have some freedom too, because we each don't have the EXACT tools as the person we are "CASE"ing! Another words, your card will NOT look EXACTLY as the person's card you are "CASE"ing! Color, shape etc.,  is something you can stick with or change! It's really all about INSPIRATION! (Do tell me if I'm wrong?)
Here is Stacy's card that I CASED:
Now, Stacy has ALOT MORE CARDS & 3D items over on the Flourishes blog to CASE! (You can choose one to CASE yourself & join in on the fun!)  I chose this one because I don't have all those GORGEOUS DIES that she uses! (Just ONE of those things I need to work on getting! I just get SO CAUGHT UP in IMAGES!) This particular card came the closest to what I have on hand. I thought it quite elegant with all the embossing! I don't have the same stamp set Stacy used either BUT, I did WIN the set I used JUST THIS WEEK! (It came QUICKLY in the mail! HOW FUN!!!!!)  I saw one of the stamps in the set, Berry Sweet Frame, as a shape that was near the same shape as  the tag on Stacy's card! And I gathered an embossing folder I had that had a nice design as close as Stacy's too.

 Here's what I came up with:

Now, I know my card isn't lavender as Stacy's but, I don't think lavender strawberries are "in!" LOL So, I went with the red! I used the embossing folder Flourished Frame by Cuttle bug for the embossed flourish at the top of Stacy's card & I used my Martha Stewart Score Board to create the criss-cross scoring at the bottom of the front panel. (To do this easily, the top embossed flourish is a separate piece of paper from the bottom. My Gingham ribbon covers where they meet.)

This picture shows where I just COULDN'T RESIST adding MS Crystal Fine glitter! It just made me think of SUGAR! And gave the feel that these strawberries were EXTRA FRESH from the garden!

Here if you enlarge the photo, I think you'll be able to see the criss-cross across on the bottom panel.

I HAVE TO SAY, that the Strawberries were ALOT OF FUN to color!!! Instead of coloring them all juicy red as we all LOVE them, I thought why not color them as we've sometimes seen them, not quite ripe???? This way there's just a little more color to them! I used my Copic Markers, also coloring my rhinestones to match!

Copic Markers for the Strawberries: RO8-Vermillion, RV29-Crimson, Y11-Pale Yellow; for leaves- YGO3-Yellow Green & GO7- Nile Green.

Now, for the INSIDE: I used those yummy Strawberries & the set Fresh Baked by Flourishes for the sentiment! I also embossed a line near the edge of the inside panel for added interest!

Supplies not mentioned above:
Button
Linen Thread
Dimensionals
SU-Extra Large Oval
Glue Dots
Memento Ink
Becca's Bow Maker

Hope to see you over at Flourishes!
Hm mm, these Strawberries are making me hungry!

Dreaming of Strawberries floating on clouds of  Whipped Cream!
TLady

"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly & to love mercy & to walk humbly with your God"
Micah 6:8



7 comments:

  1. Hmmm...Lavender strawberries?? Maybe! lol
    Your card is gorgeous, Becky! I love what you've done! It's fun to see where the inspiration came from!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I love the delicious looking strawberries and the fabulously decorated inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK!!!! I love your case. hee hee This is just so charming and yummy. Awesome layout, great textured backframing and oh the berries all over are awesome. I LOVE how this case turned out girlie. Fabulous work, thank you so much for casing me!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and case!!! This is one delicious card for sure...well done! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the embossing around the frame! This is so pretty Becky! Beautiful use of all those pretty strawberries too! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty and a great case of Stacy's beautiful work. I really do like the way you prepared the inside of the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of your sweetest cards. Amazing detail :)
    Blessings!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!