Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The "CASE"ing of Stacy- Part II

Hi Blog Friends!

Just a quick post here today.
The title of this blog post makes me chuckle! It SOUNDS LIKE a MYSTERY! No mystery here! Just pure FUN!
After I did my last "CASE"ing, I couldn't help but do another one! Stacy has SO MANY GORGEOUS CARDS!!!!!!! As before, you can see them all here:
Here is the card I "CASED" this time!

Now, I should tell you, again I didn't have the lovely stamp Stacy had BUT, I made do with what I  had! AND I should tell you when I am working on a card, I have to turn my computer off & place it elsewhere. I can't easily refer back to the card I'm CASING! There just isn't enough room on my desk for both! (I don't have a Craft room like many & if you could see my desk!!!!) I go by memory so, there ARE some differences in our cards!

Here is my card:

(I used FLOURISHES- GARDEN GATE.)

Here are some more photos:
(A close-up of the Spotlighting where I used Copic Markers, the embossing, the ribbon & one little black gem; I did add a little- bitty butterfly by SU- Butterfly Embosslits on the fence post!) )


Here is my card at an angle:
(You'll notice it opens a little different from Stacy's card too.)

Here is the inside:
(I embossed the inside too!)

Here is the BACK:
(I created an Easel to hold the card up. You can also see where I stamped the back & signed it.)

Here is the other side of the back:
(I had a piece of paper about 5 1/2" x 4 3/4". Scored it on the long side at 1". Then from that angle I cut down leaving about 2 1/4" on the other long side from the beginning of my angle. I used a 1 3/4" SU- Circle punch on the bottom & then attached this to the card. Using a ruler, draw a straight line from the base of the fold angling up across the punch. Once you've attached this to the front of your card, you will see if you need to cut more off using the ruler to help your card stand; just keep angling up.)

HOPE you enjoyed Part II of  "The 'CASE'ing of Stacy!"
TLady

"And let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder & perfecter of our faith."
Hebrews 12:1-2

Additional Supplies used not mentioned above:
Memento Ink
Dimensionals
Vellum for the butterfly
Faber-Castell White Pitt Artist pen
Spellbinder Classic Circles
Spellbinders Scalloped Circles
Score-Buddy


8 comments:

  1. Part 2... that made me giggle. This is beautiful and so classy. I do like that you used the Garden Gate for this one, awesome spotlight. And an easel card with a fancy fold, how FUN!!! Thisis beautiful girl. Thank you for casing me again, you totally made my day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that title...I feel like it's a mystery novel! :) This is a beautiful CASE Becky! I just love the spotlight with the garden gate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a work of art! I love the stand on the back and the pretty stamped flowers on the inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so cool! I love this idea! I am so trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the stamps that you used and that easel is perfect so it can be displayed...as it should! I am sure Stacy loved this CASE! Your coloring is lovely too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I absolutely love this....love that neutral background and than the punch of color with the other image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this technique. I have only seen it done once before, but I think I'll give it a try this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And, I love the unique style of the card and the easel you created on the back of the card. very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!