Saturday, July 20, 2013

Another Technique & a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to Flourishes!

Hi Blog Friends!
SURPRISE!
I'm back before Monday! I had to try another one of the techniques that were shown to us at camp & I thought I'd also link it up to one of the Flourishes Challenges going on right now! After-all, it is their Birthday this month!
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLOURISHES!"
So, in CELEBRATION I thought I'd CASE one of Heather's cards!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this technique she used! The SAME ONE  that we were shown the FIRST WEEK of Camp. I didn't get to use it at the time though. It's called Multi-Inking Stamping. Can you see it? It's the Pine & Berries that are Multi-Inked, inking up your stamp with more than one color!
You can find MORE of Heather's cards to CASE here:
(Jump in & play along! You have a week from the 19th to get your card posted!)

Another Challenge going on in Celebration for Flourishes Birthday in-particular?
CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!!!
Check here:
 http://flourishes.org/2013/07/its-a-christmas-in-july-challenge/#respond
(You have until July 31rst for this challenge!)

I don't know if it's possible to enter this one card in BOTH of these challenges, BUT it does FIT!
For my card, remember I am using the technique from the first week of camp-Multi-Inking Stamping & that also means I have to use the COLORS of the first week- Pink, Blue, White, Yellow &/or Orange; using 4 out of the 5 colors!  So my card is VERY NON-TRADITIONAL!   SOMETIMES, you have to try something NEW! I have to admit, I am a VERY TRADITIONAL WOMAN, BUT this was FUN! AND I even LIKE this card! I LOVE IT when you try something new, that you aren't really inclined to like & you're PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!  
Here's my card:
Heather's card had sewing on it, that's one of the things she usually does on her cards. I also did some sewing. You can see the Multi-Inking Stamping in a few places where a lavender color shows up--the bottom left, smack in the middle, top left, & toward the top right! It's just a little  harder to see with the pastel colors I used.
With this color combo, this COULD BE a card for a Baby's First Christmas!
HOPE you like!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS in July" oooooorrr, "Happy Birthday Flourishes!"
TLady

(See you Monday!)

Supplies Used:
Flourishes- Naturally Merry
Cuddle bug- Swiss Dot Embossing Folder
SU- Decorative Label Punch
Jewelry Findings & Beads
Dimensionals
Lace
Ribbon
Sewing Machine
Glue Dots



5 comments:

  1. OH Becky, I love this! You did a fabulous job on your pretty pastel Christmas card. So glad you CASEd me. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Isn't it fun to try something non-traditional? :) Thanks for the blog visit and the sweet comment!
    Your fellow camper,
    Katherine :)
    PS. I was checking out some of your other work -- you sure have been busy! Hope to stop by again some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... I loved Heather's card and love yours just as much Becky! Love this non-traditional take! And the little ribbon and pin is fabulous too! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so feminine! I too like it as much as the featured one.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty in the non traditional colors. Your background looks wonderful, awesome job. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!