Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Camp 2 Pre-Camp Activities!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Look what I found on a blog I follow!
This signifies I WON! What did I win? A spot in the Summer Camp 2-On Line Classes! There are pre-camp activities going on now! (I THINK they're trying to "warm us up" for the sprint! LOL) The camp runs for 3 weeks, 5 days a week, challenges of different sorts for each day! WOW!  Now, I will tell you, when I make a card IT TAKES ME FOREVER! So I WILL BE CHALLENGED!!!! So far, I've made two cards & don't like either! :( MAYBE, it's my perfectionism? It takes me awhile to get into the "groove!" I think I FINALLY hit that groove today, (Sat.) after working on these for two days! :/
 
The First Challenge:
You are to make a card with these colors, using 4 out of the 5 colors given.
Here is my card:
As you can see, I left out the light blue and the sentiment is from SU- Best Yet. 
The image is Stampendous- Agapanthus Cluster &  embossed it with Blk. Embossing Powder & the corners are made from SU- 1 1/4" Square Punch & cut for photo corners, & SU- Corner Rounder.
 
To add some more color, I used Sparkling H2O's, giving that extra special touch it needed.
 
The Second Challenge:
Follow the sketch given, which involved  three circles, placed just so,  a banner at the bottom & it looked like a tic-tac-toe behind the three circles. So, here's what I came up with after fighting with it! (Those two cards I didn't like...)
I used the SPOTLIGHTING TECHNIQUE!
Here you can see where the circles are raised up on dimensionals & you can see them a little better. I used Copic markers for coloring & some gelatos too! The image is from SU- Seaside, the dots going across & up are from SU- One of a Kind, the banner sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly E208. I used SU Circle punches- 1 3/4", 1 3/8", 1 1/4".
 
It's a PERFECT DAY for Stamping! RAIN here ALL DAY!
I LOVE how it doesn't look like it's raining except in the distance! Thought you might like to see that!
 
Whatever you're doing today, stay SAFE & DRY!
Hope you like my cards! Adding them to the BUNCH over at Stamp Camp 2!
 
Happy Stamping!
TLady
 
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;"
Ecclesiastes 9:10
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. WOW! What a fabulous job on both cards. No rain here yet, it is actually getting pretty hot and dry. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog :) Love your cards; they are.beautiful. I will have to pull out my twinkling H2O's now! Happy card making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win. Great cards. Fab view - so lush and green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both great cards. Very partial to the 2nd challenge card. Love that technique, makes the card elements glow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!