Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Camp 2- Week 3- Day 3!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
What a FABULOUS DAY at Camp it's been!!!
 
OH MY!!! We were given LOTS of things to think about in making our cards today---Tips, Techniques, etc., as usual! AND on top of that there were GUEST ARTIST'S sharing them! I'll be a name dropper today! (There have been  MANY WELL KNOWN Artists that have been with us during our time at Camp!) Today, we had Shari Carrol, Lisa Spangler, Melissa Phillips, Kim Jackson, &
  Kryssi Ng!
 
Using our given color combo & sketches:
 
I followed Melissa Phillips from PTI, (at least that's where I know her from)  & followed her direction on Stamp Paper Piecing! It was a day where I could have tried MANY of the techniques that were shown to us but, in honor of Melissa I thought I'd try her technique! I follow Melissa's blog & I LOVE her style!
  Check here to see her blog:
(Melissa's blog is where I won this "trip" to Camp from!)
 
I also decided to "CASE" Melissa's card. I can't load it to my blog to show you her card, but I can tell you the differences! Melissa & I used sketch #2 above.
 
Here's what I came up with:
Comparing my card to Melissa's, she had a little CUPCAKE where I have the Bear, her sentiment is "So Sweet!" Where mine is, "U R Beary Sweet."  Her paper choices weren't too different in color choices, but in print some what. Although, Melissa had the script paper. Of course, our papers won't be identical! I don't have Melissa's stash from which to select! LOL
 
 
Here you can see my little bear where I did the Paper Piecing! I stamped him on white card stock first & cut him out as a base. Then I stamped him on some designer paper--it wasn't as sturdy as the white base I first did. Then I stamped him again on purple card stock. I wanted another print but didn't have a small print in purple, so I used my marker to add dots & then cut out his belly, feet, & ears. I edged the pieces (Lavender) & then edged the bear himself with a brown marker. Edging the pieces help them to POP!
 
You'll also notice the button on the banner. Melissa had what looked like a dark paper clip on the banner with the button. I didn't have a small enough paper clip so, I used a small safety pin & colored it brown with a Copic marker & hot glued it to the button.
 
You can also see the Paper Piercing on the scallops of the hearts in this picture. I also thought the white card stock for the hearts was a little stark, so I spritzed it with a SU- Color Spritzer & then some Tattered Angels- Glimmer Mist- Pearl.
 
 
Supplies not mentioned above:
Spellbinders- Classic Hearts & Classic Scalloped Hearts
CHF- Bear Essentials
SU- Heart to Heart Punch
SU- Corner Rounder
2 Buttons
Safety Pin
Hot Glue Gun
Glue Dots
Dimensionals
Crochet Thread
Linen Thread on the buttons
 
What do you think?
Would LOVE to know!
 
HAPPY STAMPING!
TLady
 
(See you tomorrow!)
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. What a cute bear!! (I never thought of that, so went with a cupcake, just like Melissa.)He has such a cute grin on his face, and I love your background papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beary good. You did a great job on the paper piecing. I have not tried it yet, but you have inspired me. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute! Great combination of elements/stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and I love your paper pieced bear - so cute. Your bow is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love that sweet bear! Thanks for the comments on my blog. This class has been so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bow and your bear. You did an excellent job paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cute details in this one including the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!