Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Camp 2- Week 3- Day 4!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
OH MY! I've been  in HEAVEN TODAY!!!!!!! Camp was ALL ABOUT VINTAGE, SHABBY CHIC, GOLD, ETC.,!
 TODAY, I could BREATHE!
The challenge today? Try something OUTSIDE OF YOUR CREATIVE BOX!
I MUST tell you, these WHOLE THREE WEEKS of challenges, I have been "outside of my creative box!"  LOL That's WHY I could breathe today! Today, IS more my style! (Or so I've been told.) But, I DID look for SOMETHING I haven't done before! I haven't done too much "Shabby Chic" so, that's what I went for! AND I don't believe I've made a flower from Eyelet before either, so I did that too!
 
Here's my Shabby Chic Card:
 
I used a sketch from MoJo Monday for the first time!
 
(It MAY be an old one, I'm not sure!) Have to check on that!
 
I misted the flower with a Homemade Shimmer Mist made with a small bottle of Hair Spray. One thing about using Hair Spray for this, it leaves a NICE soft scent!
 
Here you can see I did a little stitching on the banner & around the outer edges of the card front.
You'll also see my hand cut leaves, that I ran through a crimper & used bleach on giving some depth! Also, some Linen Thread behind the flower.
I see Shabby Chic as being Vintage, but a lighter in color vintage! Or Vintage in pastels! What do you think?
 
Supplies not mentioned above:
Prima Marketing Paper- Botanical Collection- "My Darling." (Light blue)
Script Paper- Hobby Lobby
DCWV- Old World
2 buttons
Making Memories Distresser
Tim Holtz- Antique Linen
SU- Modern Label Punch
SU- Teeny Tiny Wishes
Crimper
Bleach
 
Well, since I LOOOOOOOOOVE Vintage, I just HAD TO try my hand at another challenge-
 Custom Vintage Flowers!
I didn't have any paper flowers that I could dye perfectly with distress inks as Kristina Werner did, but I made my own flower & distressed it. To me, that too is a "Custom Vintage Flower!
 
Here is my Custom Vintage Flower:
 
Nothing too fancy. I used SU- Blossom Punch & Five Petal Flower Punch & gave my flowers dimension with my McGill Stylus Kit for making flowers along with an EXTRA LARGE one that is used for making flowers for Cake decorators, used with Fondant Icing! I found it on Amazon. I like to use it when the paper I'm using is quite stiff/ thick. It's GREAT in breaking down the fibers more easily! I did the same thing with the leaves that I did on my other card, only I ran my gold ink pad over them to give a gilded look.
 
Here's a FULL VIEW of my card. I just HAD TO make ANOTHER Vintage card only making it a darker, richer color! Makes me think of Victorian Furniture! Lots of prints & deep, rich colors!
 
I wanted a banner to hang down & just wasn't sure WHAT color to use--keeping with our color scheme this week, so I used Vellum; another trick taught to us this week.
 
And you'll notice the dark brown paper that I've embossed with the Cuddle Bug folder- Victoria... and I've wiped my Gold Ink pad over it...another technique shown to us by Kristina Werner today.
 
Supplies used not mentioned above:
My Mind's Eye- Brown Floral
Prima Marketing- (same as above- Light Blue)
DCWV- Old World
SU- Scallop Punch
Tim Holtz- Tea Dye
Prima- Rhinestones
SU- Modern Label Punch
Dimensionals
Glue Dots
 
Well, I'm STILL breathing deep & QUITE HAPPY with my creations today! I ESPECIALLY LIKE my Shabby Chic card! I'll have to try to do more Shabby Chic in the future!
 
Let me know what YOU think???? Would LOVE to know!!!
 
Happy Stamping!!!!!!
TLady 
 
(See you tomorrow for my last day in Summer Camp 2! Wow! Time FLIES when you're having FUN!!!!!!! )
 
 


8 comments:

  1. You've outdone yourself! Wow! Wonderful combinations of layers on both of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shabby looks very chic! Great gold background. I put that gold pad on my wish list. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You ARE a pro shabby chic! I love both of these cards--so many super details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you did a fabulous job and also gave all of us some great tips to try out. Sometimes I learn as much from the people who I take the class with as I do from the instructors. Thanks for sharing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful!!!! Very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so pretty!
    Thanks for your comments on my blog, by the way! I just wanted to let you know that I don't hang out at SCS, but I do post on my blog regularly if you'd like to follow me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!