Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Camp-Day 4!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
I can HARDLY BELIEVE that one week of Summer Card Camp is ALMOST  over! Day 4 & we were challenged  to make a card in 10 minutes! I don't think I did too bad although, I DON'T LIKE MY CARD! BLAH! We were also challenged to make a card with a SHAPE! I don't have any Grand Dies, so I used my Classic Scalloped Heart Die. Of course, thinking Valentines!
 
One of the things you HAVE TO DO, to make a card in
 
minutes,
 
You have to have a PLAN! And LAY OUT all of your supplies!
 
I laid out some things I wasn't even sure I'd use too!
 (Like I wasn't sure which size hand punch I'd use!) And I laid the  stamps on the acrylic blocks I thought I'd use too! And had my paper pre-cut! I SHOULD HAVE gone ahead & scored it too!
 
My timer went off as I glued down the Collaged heart onto the card base & I ONLY needed to add the center punched circle! Not too bad! BUT, I also have to say, I am NOT ONE who needs to make cards in a dash, some people do!  I PLAN WAAAAAAY AHEAD!!!!  
 
I showed my card to my husband & expressing I didn't like it! He said, " You can NOT rush an Artist!" LOL I'll remember that, like when I'm putting on my make-up & we have somewhere to go!
Well, I guess I have to show you my card now, right? BE KIND?
 (But, BE TRUTHFUL TOO, OK?) 
 
10 Minute Challenge Card 
 

 
For my second card, I decided to combine two of the challenges & not worry too much about the 10 minute part! One of the challenges was on Colored Die Cuts & another on Die Cut Letters so, I combined them! I set the timer & worked as I would if I WERE doing the 10 min. challenge. I went WAAAAAAYY OVER in time! The timer went off as I was coloring the die cut. I had already scored the card base edges & die cut & embossed what was needed. TIME WAS UP!
 
 "OOPS OVER the 10 minute challenge card"
 
It's a little hard to see the "Pumpkin" font being white on white! So, I used colored card stock behind to help it show up! The white on white font is something that the designer did & I LIKED IT!
 
HOPE YOU LIKE!
TLady
 
(See you tomorrow!)
 
Supplies used:
 
***10 Minute Challenge Card***
Tweety Jill Stamps-Vintage Valentines & Cupid's & Hearts
SU- 1 3/8" punch
SU- 1/8" hand held punch
Cuttle bug- Heart Blocks Emb. Folder
Dimensionals
SU- Inks
Spellbinders- Classic Hearts & Classic Scalloped Hearts
 
 
***OOPS Over the 10 Minute Challenge Card***
Copic Markers
Rhinestone
Score buddy
Provo Craft Alphabet
Provo Craft Pumpkin Die
Provo Craft Pumpkin Spice Emb. Folder
Dimensionals
Zig Glue Pen
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Great takes on the challenges. I did exactly as you did with my card and put out a ton of stuff "just in case" I wanted to use it. It made my desk too messy!! I LOVE the pumpkin card with the die cuts. So Pretty!! I want to try this technique too but WILL NOT be trying it in a 10 minute time frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin card is cute. I too like the white on white letters. I will give that a try, but not in 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Valentine Card with the various pretty colored background (lips, angel, etc). Simple yet SWEET! The raised lettering and frame around the pumpkin card is cool. The pumpkin itself is cute! WELL DONE!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards for 10 minutes! I still have to take this challenge. It's good to have extra supplies so you don't have to waste time looking around for something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both awesome! I can't believe you managed the first one in ten mins! I'm afraid to even try it! I plan way ahead too and even when I do, it practically takes me ten hours, nevermind ten minutes - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really did a lot to prepare -- very smart, no matter what the time! Love your pumpkin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops...forgot to say, I love your pictures and your description! It helps to see how people prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I applaud you for going for the 10 minute dash! That scares me! I think your pumpkin card is fantastic!! I love the white on white letters! :)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, your cards look sweet :)

    Check out www.prettypinkposh.com for awesome inspirations for cards within 10 minutes :)

    They have awesome color palettes, and cool prizes too :)

    Regards,
    Vithya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!