Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Camp- Day 5!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Back again so you can see what I did at Camp today! There were THREE Challenges & I chose the second challenge! I made it MORE INVOLVED by doing a card more in my style! I DO like THIS CARD, this time! I spent ALOT of TIME doing WATERCOLOR!
 
The challenge? Make an Embossed Window! Well, when I saw THIS, I KNEW I could also play along over at Flourishes & pulled out my Flourishes stamps! HAPPY ME! I remembered Timeless Tuesday had a challenge going on to use Acetate anywhere on your card!
Check Here to find out more:
 
Here is my card:
I chose the color scheme given today, the fourth one down from the top that was offered. Although, I DO think it's VERY HARD to see the colors on the computer! I thought I saw a peachy orange when it should have been a pink! (Shhhh! Don't tell! I made some more mistakes! I won't tell you if you don't tell!) AND, my card is actually a violet but it looks purple here! I just keep telling myself, variations ARE ALLOWED!
 
You can see the front panel of the card is embossed also & I also stamped the front panel.
 
When you open the card, this is the FIRST LAYER. (Shhh! Can you see the FIRST mistake? I had this stamped on water color paper & trying to squeeze in the flowers on the front to the same piece of paper,  then deciding on the die---well, I hadn't given myself enough room! BUT, I thought I could cover it up with the flowers on the front, FORGETTING that it opens up EXPOSING my mistake! Well, after trying to come up with a way of covering it up, I decided to let it be! To me it's like a CLOSE UP VIEW, with the edge of the flowers in the view! Like you're standing in the flowers! What do you think? Does it work? ) LOL
 
Flipping to the next "page" of this card, you have space to sign it & even write a little something for the recipient!
 
Here you can see where the Acetate is embossed! (Following the instructions for the challenge at Summer Card Camp 2 AND for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!)
 
This is the backside of the window! I did my flowers a little different & I used dimensionals & FORGETTING AGAIN, I had to peel some off the acetate window! (Don't want those showing!) You can see the embossing here also! 
 
So, what do you think?
 
Supplies Used:
Flourishes- (Main Image)- Garden Gate
SU- En Francais (Backgrounder Stamp)
Inkadinkado- 96740-K Postage Image
Spellbinders- Labels One
SU- Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder
SU- Water Color Crayons
Dimensionals
Glue Dots
Ribbon
Acetate
SU- Ink
Masking Tape
Becca Bow Maker
 
Now, a weekend to CLEAN HOUSE! LOL
 
Happy Stamping!
TLady
 
(See you Monday!)
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. WOW! Love your little window and cute summer scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the garden scene, & I wouldn't worry about seeing the larger flower on the top edge on the inside. That hadn't occurred to me to be a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty card. I clicked on it to see the different views and close ups. So much detail in this one!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice techniques. You card looks beautiful! Looks like you are having a lot of fun at camp :)

    Thanks for the lovely comment at my blog.

    Hey, I am not good at CAS. I am just improving day by day :) And you could become better at CAS too. In fact the summer camp should make you so much better! Have fun

    Check out Lyndal Higgin's work at the summer camp too. She's been producing beauties! You might learn a thing or two

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the embossed acetate! Great coloring going on too on this one! Thanks for playing along with FTTC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!