Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2- Week 2- Day 2!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Today was a BLAST at Summer Card Camp 2! We used Heat Embossing which is one of my MOST FAVORITE TECHNIQUES!
 
Using the color combo for the week & one of the techniques showed to us, I came up with my card! I used the Two Step Stamping for my flowers- SU- A Rose Is A Rose & a Resist Technique! Lots of Masking & the  use of the Stamp-a-ma-jig! (The one tool I've been wanting to use more! It's just one of those tools that make me uncomfortable! I'm getting the hang of it though! Whatever tool you're uncomfortable using, leave it out on your desk & you'll find yourself using it more often! Use it more often & you'll be more comfortable with it! )
 
Here is my card:
 
 
Here you can see the clear embossing powder I used.
 
For the Banner, I didn't have a die so, I used a Protractor to create one & my Score-buddy to make the folds. For the Sentiment, I chose a Flourishes sentiment from Spring Blossoms. Those clear stamps are so much easier to use when you can SEE where you're stamping AND curve them to fit your banner!
 
So what do you think?
 I'm quite pleased with this card today! And I LOVE the color combo this week! It takes me back to my teen years & a pair of slippers I knitted for my mother when I was learning to knit.
 
I am also learning there are a FEW THINGS I need to add to my stash of stamping goodies; solid stamps, different colors of embossing powders, stencils, subway art stamps, dies of several different kinds, AND the list goes ON & ON! Each day, I'm adding to my list!
 
Leave me your comment & I'll be back tomorrow with MORE!
 
HAPPY STAMPING!
TLady
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Stunning card! And your self-crafted banner is terrific - very clever idea to use the protractor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is one of my favorites!! Stunning stamping and shading on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is stunning! I love the embossed flowers, they look so shiny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the old fashioned look of this card. It does remind me of what you liked when you were young. The blues are so pretty.
    Have fun tomorrow!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the most beautiful cards I've seen! LOVE that rose! You really went above & beyond on this one! (So glad you felt better today!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is fabulous and I can't believe you made the banner with a protractor! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever with the banner. Great idea! I think your card turned out fabulous. Who gets it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!! I love how you made the banner and the sheer elegance!! Love the rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous and you have really nailed the halo effect round the flowers. I'm really impressed with your handmade banner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!