Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2- Week 2- Day 3!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Another WONDERFUL DAY of learning in Summer Camp! SOOO MANY NEAT IDEAS to try!!!!! TIPS & SPECIAL IDEAS !!!!!! WHAT FUN!!!!
 
Today, I made a Shaped/Circular Shaker Card! You know me, I LOOOOOVE those interactional type of cards! Well, I didn't have a Circular die that was large enough, so I made some circles with a compass & cut them out & cut the inner part with a smaller die (Spellbinders Classic Circles)  that would work! So, with all of the fussy cutting, it took me a little while to put this together along with the SPECIAL TOUCHES that were shown to us! I first came up with a FABULOUS IDEA for this card,  & got things all ready to make it & then REALIZED, DAAAH! It wasn't the correct color scheme! So, I put things away & focused on the Color Scheme! LOL ( I'll have to try that other idea later!) When I first saw this color scheme I thought it was VERY EARTHY! So, that's what I went with!
 
Here's my card!
Not having a die makes it a little difficult to get those edges CRISPY CLEAN!  (Believe me, LARGER DIES are on my EVER GROWING LIST of "To Gets!") The main image along with the pines are from SU- Noble Deer & the Sentiment is from ODB-Father's Day. I heat embossed the sentiment with Tim Holtz Black Embossing Powder.
 
You can see this is for my HUBBY!  One of the ladies over at Camp made her hubby a card, JUST FOR HIM having to put up with all her card making....! I thought that was a PRETTY GOOD IDEA! So, here it is!!! (You can also see on the edges, I used some Fun Foam to make the inside frame of the shaker! JUST ONE of those NIFTY IDEAS from Camp!)
 
Here you can see the sequins (leaves) & the beads I added to this shaker card.
 
This is the INSIDE of my card; the sentiment is from ODB- Father's Day & the image is from SU- Noble Deer!
 
I colored the images with Copics. I absolutely LOVE how the colors are SO VIBRANT!
 
AGAIN, I HOPE you like!
Let me know what you think? Your comments ALWAYS make me SMILE!:)

HAPPY STAMPING!
TLady

P.S. Off to give my Honey his card!:)
 
 


12 comments:

  1. This might be my favorite card of all summer camp yet...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your descriptions so much I decided to join your blog and follow you! I love the deer image from SU! Your card is remarkable! So glad you're enjoying camp, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card-really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!!! I love that you did the inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job! You really went the extra mile with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out so well. I love the vibrant colors. The gold leaves in the shaker are adorable. The only reason I keep using this scalloped edge circle, that is the only nesting round die I have. So, I am stuck with the scallops. You said you were going to make a card for the hubby and I bet he will enjoy looking at this one the most. Great job. See you later . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I've ever seen a Shaker Card. It is a cool idea! And I really like the fonts you used for the sentiment. Hope Hubby liked it :)
    Blessings!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great masculine card. I love it. It's perfect for anyone in Maine for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, and I'm sure your hubby will, too! Great work!! (And I love the sentiment inside!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this class awesome?!! And speaking of awesome - so is your card! Wow, I can't believe the detail in it, and you colouring is amazing! I'm sure your hubby LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful shaker card. Nice coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the gold leaves as the shakers and the coloring

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!