Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2- Week 2- Day 4!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
What a TREAT I have for you today! It's like "Christmas In July," only IT'S NOT!
Our Challenge at Camp today was to make a Non-Holiday Card with Holiday Stamps!
 (ANY Holiday!)

There were MANY other techniques to choose from but, I chose this  one because the card that Kathy Racoosin made was SOOO ELEGANT & just BEAUTIFUL! If I didn't have to follow the color scheme, I would have added Silver or Gold!

The technique Kathy used was to Create a Pattern... (Basically, create a "Master Board!") You can find out HOW to do this on my blog here:

Here's  my card:
I REALLY LIKE how it came out! It does take awhile to do this BUT, it is WELL WORTH IT!
 
This is the sentiment for the front of the card- SU- Elements of Style.
 
This is the INSIDE! You could sign your name with a White Gel Pen since the base card stock is dark. Two of the medallions (Snow Flakes) were cut out & popped up on dimensionals.
 
The Medallions were created with SU- Serene Snowflakes. I didn't have any Memento Ink in different colors---to use Copics this time so,  I adapted! I used a Blender Pen & dipped it into the ink pad... Basically, it was like Water coloring the medallions!
 
 I also like the plaid paper with this medallion paper!
So what do you think?
 
HOPE you're getting INKY & having a FUN time doing so!
TLady
 
(See you tomorrow!)
 
Additional Supplies:
(Not mentioned above)
SU- Framelits Dies
SU- Marker for smaller areas
SU- Stamp-a-ma-jig
 



12 comments:

  1. You knocked this one out of the ballpark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. All the extra work was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well done. Nice non-snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. It sure was worth the work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous...great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love your pattern!! The plaid looks great with the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is awesome!!! I love the watercolored medallions!! What a joy to see. Thanks so much, Fondly, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Like the color combo and the snowflakes. The sentiment is endearing and reminds me that the snowflakes are with us for just a moment (don't know if that's what you were getting at, but that how it seemed to me).
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how beautifully you colored the "snowflakes". I also like your window shape variation from the circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!