Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2- Week 3- Day 2!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Today, we had to go out & do some errands & I was WONDERING just HOW I was going to be able to get my card done for today, BUT I got on my computer early & there the class popped up for me. I was able to see what was going on & take a sketch pad & pencil with me & do some planning  & peppered with a little HOPE that it would come together just fine! And what do you know, here I am!
 
Today our lessons were about Die Cutting Techniques!
Lots of examples & tips for us...& I chose to combine a couple of them into one card!
I chose the Embossed Die Cuts & Color Blocking!
When I think of color blocking I remember a top I had YEARS AGO that I really liked but, it also makes me think of Quilt squares, as they too are blocks of color!
 
Here's what I came up with:
I stuck with the same color scheme we had yesterday, only I used printed papers (Now that I think about it, I COULD qualify for another of the lessons! Patterned Paper Die Cutting! LOL) I cut the leaf out of the center of the quilted/ color blocked paper I made!
 
Isn't that heat embossing pretty? I used a couple different colors of Embossing Powders on the different colored papers. The first embossing powder was Grape Sherbet by Sparkle & Sprinkle (I had a sample), the color was a light purple, but on top of the different colored printed papers it looked different on each color! I added SU- Gold for more detail & I also did SU- Sizzlits Little Leaves in all Gold, it being probably the most "intricate" die cut I have! (That should tell you I am lacking in dies! LOL)  And embossing the front sentiment by SU.
 
Here you can see the different colors of the embossing powder on the different colored papers.
 
I had to pull out my Gold Krylon Pen & add some edging. Not too awful careful on getting it perfect  for a more rustic look.
 
Hope you like!
Let me know what you think???
 
HAPPY STAMPING!
TLady
 
(See you tomorrow!)
 
Additional Supplies:
Cuddle Bug- Maple Leaf Die & Embossing Folder
SU- 1 1/4" Square Punch
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Great job on tackling two of the techniques today! I looked at color blocking, and considered it, and then the perfectionist in me said "maybe a different day"! Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leafs are absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm swooning over this card! Gorgeous jewel colors. You hit the ball out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is yet another beautiful creation from you! Love all the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing and you said you did not have much time to spend on it. I love the purple colors you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the way the swirly (is that a word)? lines of the leaves reflect the swirls in the patterned background. The embossing is pretty too :)
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I LOVE the embossed leaves, and your background is gorgeous! Great, colourful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the challenges!! I love all the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is stunning! great job on the colors!!!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!