Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2- Week 3- Day 5!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
 As I am typing this out, I am finishing up my cards for today....! It's our "last" day at Summer Card Camp 2! And I am SO SAD that this is the end of a WONDERFUL, LEARNING JOURNEY!  I have SOOO ENJOYED these last 3 weeks! But alas, all good things must come to an end! I have enjoyed all the NEW FRIENDS I have made along the way too! Where would we be without those who are willing to leave us a little comment of encouragement? IF you have a chance to take one of these On-Line Card Classes, GO FOR IT!!!!! It's worth EVERY PENNY!
Again, THANK YOU again to Melissa!!!!!!!
 
Today, we were given several examples of things to try with a new color palette!
Here's the new palette:
I made TWO cards today! I tried a new technique with my first card--Masked Embossing, shown to us by Kristina Werner. I chose the first color combo to work with, remember 4 out of 5 colors...!
 
Masked Embossing:
Do you see the banner in the middle? Done in two different embossing powders-SU- Silver & Sparkle-N-Sprinkle- Blue Ice Sherbet. The stamp I used for this design of the banner is by CHF- Dots & Circles Backgrounder; it's THE PERFECT stamp for making "Decoder Cards."
 
I ALSO made my own "Washi Tape!" I have some but, it's VERY NARROW! I purchased it awhile back for a specific use, so I'm hanging onto it for now! But, back to making my own Washi Tape! I used Masking Tape & colored it with Copic Markers! You just have to be careful not to blend the colors.
 
Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- Fresh Vintage
SU- 1 1/4" Square Punch
 Cuddle Bug- Stamp Die
American Crafts Galaxy Marker- White Pen
Dimensionals
 
For my second card I went with Amy Kolling's, Subtle Color. I CASED Amy's card for this one.
 
Subtle Color:
I LOVE the soft pinks! I used the color palette fifth one down from the top.
 
 
I popped the flowers & the framed sentiment up on dimensionals!
 
Here you can see the flowers better. I used white card stock & embossed them with clear embossing powder & then colored them with SU- Markers, giving them some depth with my coloring & adding Liquid Pearls for the centers.
 
I also used my SU- Paper Piercing Pack Essentials to paper pierce around my sentiment which is by Flourishes- Sentimental Favorites. Do you NOTICE? It says, "Happy Birthday to You!" That's for Flourishes who is having their 6th Birthday!!!!!!! They're having LOADS of Birthday Fun & you STILL have time to get in on it this weekend!
Check here:
 
Now, I JUST REMEMBERED that Flourishes has a RECIPE to follow for their card challenge, so NOW you're going to see a TRANSFORMATION!
 
Here's Flourishes Recipe:
Well, you can see I am lacking some things, SO I made some CHANGES to my card! I think the sketch fits nicely if you turn it some, the colors work, I added Rhinestones & ribbon, there IS embossing already, AND I AM using my FAVORITE Flourishes Stamp, Garden Gate along with Sentimental Favorites!
 
Here's a PEEK at my card Transformed:
 
Now, what do you think?
 
HOPE you like! 
 
HAPPY STAMPING!
TLady
 
(P.S. The FINALE for the Summer Card Camp 2 is on Monday! We'll see what FUN there is going on there & I'll let you know!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your mat stack! And I like the rhinestone/diamond accents. The ribbon does give it a little extra "oomph" up at the top which is a subtle touch, but very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your transformed Happy Birthday card. The colors look so nice together. A great finale for summer camp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are very pretty! Great job in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards! You are very talented and I appreciate your enthusiastic cheerleading-type comments on my cards, as well as others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, TLady! I love that you made your own washi tape on the first one and the second one is gorgeous! I LOVE the addition of the ribbon at the top-- it finishes it off perfectly!
    I've really enjoyed this class, too. It's my first one and I've just loved it! I'm so sad to see it come to an end-- I would have loved for it to last the whole summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards!! Love the home made wash tape, so creative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, your birthday card for Flourishes is beautiful! Awesome take on the challenge as I really like how you used the flowers :) !!! Thank you so much for celebrating this special event with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pink creation is beautiful, you know that is my favorite color, right?! I like how you knotted the ribbon on top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Birthday card. I like the soft coloring. Thanks for playing along with Flourishes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!