Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Card Camp- Day 1!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Thought I'd share with you what is going on over at Summer Card Camp 2!
First of all, I'm learning  some FUN TECHNIQUES & TIPS! And we were given a choice of card sketches, & some colors; we were allowed to choose 4 out of the 5 colors & allowed to add neutrals. We could vary on the hues of the colors but, I chose to try to stick to the palette given. (Or as close as I could. We could use a variation of the colors also if we didn't have the colors.)
 
Looking through my stamps & trying to figure out WHAT to do, like I've told you before, I am SLOOOOOW at putting together a card. It takes me awhile to realize that LESS IS MORE sometimes! (Actually, this is a lesson I struggle with ALL THE TIME!)  Usually, if I don't like a sketch, I just don't do it! Well, this is "Summer Camp" girls! And it's a time of LEARNING, STRETCHING ONES-SELF, VENTURING WHERE ONE DOESN'T USUALLY VENTURE, TIME TO SPREAD ONES WINGS! SOOOO, HERE WE GO............!!!!
 
I thought I'd go with a sewing theme & make it VINTAGE! (Which is a LOVE of mine!) And with the colors given & chosen, I figured a Retro looking card would be the result! I chose this sketch because I liked the fold! It opens differently!
Here it is:
It is DIFFERENT from what I usually make but, like I said, we're "venturing where one doesn't usually venture!"
The front of my card is made with:
SU-Stitched  Backgrounder
PTI-Button Boutique- "Fancy Buttons" Banner & Stitching
Marianne Design-Winter Elines Huis- Spool Thread Toppers
SU- 1 1/4" punch
You can see where the opening is....
And here is the INSIDE, making sure the inside is hid till the flap is pulled up!
Made with:
PTI-Pearls of Wisdom-Sentiment
Marianne Design-Winter Elines Huis- Spool Thread Toppers
(If you zoom in, you can see the all of the Spool Thread Toppers.)
 
Additional Supplies used:
Dimensionals
Glue Dots
Crochet Thread & re-inkers to get the right color
Tim Holtz- Tea Stain Ink
Memento-Blk.
Copic Marker- to color button the right color
 
Well, this was a PRODUCTIVE DAY!!!! AND a FUN DAY! HOPE you like & let me know what you think?
 
And just for you, since you were so kind as to visit, here is a FREE Vintage Digi Image that I think you'll LOVE! In keeping with the sewing theme! 
 
I got it from one of my FAVORITE places to visit here:
 
SEW glad you stopped by!
TLady
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 


5 comments:

  1. I really like the colors (especially the WOW pink) and the buttons are especially cute. I think this is a winner :)
    Blessings,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your interpretation of the sketch - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! Sweet, retro and it packs punch! Especially that yellow base - perfect! Love how you dressed up the inside too. Lovely card - and don't worry, it takes me FOREVER to make a card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I love the bold style and colours! C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neon colors are so in. You nailed this. Love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!