Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Stamp Camp- Day2!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Some things I've been thinking about with this Stamp Camp are:
 
1.) First of all, clean off your desk BEFORE the camp begins, so you have space to move around!
AND have your computer close at hand! (This is something I did the day before Camp started! I'm not fortunate enough to have a "craft room!" So, I am limited in space!) It DEFINITELY has been MUCH NICER to craft on a cleaned desk & have my computer at hand! 
2.) Have a QUICK lunch ready, so you can keep on stamping! I made a salad for lunch my first day & made an extra one for lunch today! This way, I won't have to "cook," just eat & I'm still eating healthy!
3.) I know we get PDF files to access FOR LIFE with this camp, but I like HARD COPIES! So, I've made little file cards to go into my file box that I can refer to also! For color schemes, punch little 1/2" circles of color & glue them to index cards & sketch out the card sketches also!
4.) RELAX, and HAVE FUN with it! Don't get yourself all worked up! The "creative juices" get all clogged up if you're stressed!
5.) Do your homework, which I found to be VERY RELAXING & it helped give me more confidence in  thinking of the next days challenge/s & what they might be! 

If you want to join in on the fun, you can still sign up here:
 
Today we focused on TECHNIQUE!
I LOVE to learn techniques! I feel I am limited in my knowledge on techniques & always love it when I get to learn more! Today, we were shown THREE  FOUR techniques! BELIEVE ME, if I'd had more time, I would have tried them  ALL!!!  I started with a technique called, "Water Color Stripes!" It's SOOO PRETTY!!!!!! I didn't have the stamps needed so, I CREATED SOME! Here's what I did; I found some old excess rubber & cut what I wanted!
Good thing I saved it! This is the cling rubber & works just fine when put on an acrylic block.
Just what I needed!
I used my Gelatos: Cotton Candy, Lemon & Lavender.
 
My Water Color Stripes Card:
I LOVE how it came out!
This is the little window with the sentiment on the front, "Happiness is..."
"Blue skies & sunny days with you," inside, and  I added a couple little butterflies & a small blue wash of color! (All that white just needed some blue with the sentiment!)
 
The next card I made is a another new technique to me! It's called "Multi-Inking with Masking." I REALLY LIKE this technique. It's just a little tedious in that I only had a small stamp, not a large "Sub-way Art Stamp!" (Make note to self to get one of those!) I'm SURE it would have been easier with a larger stamp!
 
My "Multi- Inking with Masking" Card:
 
The inside:
 
Here is where you see the "Multi-Inking!" Isn't it GORGEOUS???
One little thing I learned on my own with this is, STAMP THE GOLD LAST! Otherwise the gold shimmery ink comes up & you're left with a muted gold & NO SHIMMER!
I'd tell you HOW to do all this BUT, I THINK they would like for you to join our Summer Camp! (I KNOW you'd LOVE IT!!!!!!!)
 
HOPE you like my cards today & SERIOUSLY think about joining us!
 
Keep on Stamping!
TLady
 
(See you tomorrow!)
 
SUPPLY LIST:
 
-Water Color Stripes-
SU- Framelits Apothecary Accents Die
PTI- Movers & Shakers Sentiments Stamps
Gelatos- (listed above) and white
Rhinestones
Glue Dots
SU- Embosslits Beautiful Wings
EK Success- Pick Me Up
 
-Multi- Inking with Masking-
SU- Framelits Labels Collection
SU- Sizzlits- Little Leaves
SU- Backgrounder- Print Pattern
Dimensionals
Glue
Flowers
EK Success- Pick Me Up
Stamp a ma Jig
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use the leftovers from your stamps to make a rectangle stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work, Becky! You've shared some really great tips too, but why am I hungry now? lol I look forward to seeing more results of your classes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky - nice to "meet" you!

    What a clever idea to use your left over rubber - and your painted stripes turned out beautifully! Your second card is so pretty too - love the purple and green combo! Thanks you for your sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your water color card I tried that technique but it didn't work out for me. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. See you in class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!