Saturday, August 10, 2013

CHF SKETCH TIME!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
I am squeaking-by here! CHF has a Sketch Challenge going on & it's due on Monday, the 12th of August! I have had my chosen stamp on my desk for awhile now & just hadn't gotten to it! So, today was THE DAY!
 
Here's where you can find out more about this challenge & jump in & play too if you like:
 
Here's the sketch we were to work with:
And here is my card:
Made with a Thomas Kinkade Stamp- The Good Life; stamped first with Versa Fine-Vintage Sepia & colored with Dick Blick Colored Pencils & only a little gamasol here & there.
 
For the framed portion, I used My Mind's Eye Designer Papers & stamped the right side with a CHF Backgrounder Stamp- Newspaper Ads & aged them just a little with Tim Holtz- Tea Dye Ink.
 
 
This card is much bigger than I usually make! I started with the image & worked my way out, to make sure the image had the right amount of framing it needed! It is 6 1/2" x 7 1/2".
 
Here is a nice close-up of the main image & the sentiment, also by Thomas Kinkade- Home Is Best, a sentiment I TOTALLY AGREE with; I also used Spellbinders- Fancy Tags for the sentiment.
 
I have to say, it might be HOT & MUGGY outside, BUT the leaves are already getting that olive color & some are even changing here! Fall is JUST AROUND THE CORNER!
 
"To every thing there is a season, & a time to every purpose under the heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1
 
Hope you like, & let me know??? I LOVE to hear from you!
Working on ANOTHER PROJECT!
TLady
 
Additional Supplies:
(Not mentioned above)
Dimensionals- I popped the image & the sentiment up.
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. WOW, this looks amazing! You colored this image so well...great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Becky, this is amazing! I'm in awe of your colouring skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!