Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Handbag Heaven?

Hi Blog Friends!
 
I have a little TREAT for you today! It all started awhile back when a certain company came out with a die for the Big Shot that was a little purse! I watched as others created those SWEET little Handbags...!!! OH MY!!!! A girl could be in "Handbag Heaven" with that die! I just COULDN'T bring myself to buy the die, $$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then, as we are getting our daughter ready for College, I thought it would be nice to make a little something for her & her new roommate! What better than one of those little Handbags filled with Chocolate??? Well, without the die, what was one to do?
 MAKE A TEMPLATE!
 
AND on top of making a template a certain company is having a Challenge!
 This one is a Color Challenge! WHERE you say???? FLOURISHES! Well, I looked through my Flourishes Stamps mentally & came up with some FUN IDEAS, using several of their FABULOUS SETS!
 
Here is where you can see the Challenge details:  
 
(It's hard to see these colors on the computer, but they are Rust, Gray, & Teal.)
 
These little Handbags are my first attempt at making them! I MAY be back with more at a later date!
 
This little cutie reminds me of what the other company had; I don't know what the measurements of theirs is, but mine is: 3" x 1" x  2" (without the handle)
 
I used Flourishes- Bee's & Blooms & Simply Charmed Stamp Sets. I stamped the flowers on a Teal base & then colored them just a little with a Gray Dick Blick colored Pencil. AND look at that Chain handle, it too is gray--That is from the Simply Charmed set, PERFECT for my little handbags, I even get to use a little charm to hang from the side in Rust, just like those Designer Bags in the store! I added a Pearl that I colored Rust with a Copic marker for the front closure
 
I lined the bag with some Rust card stock & it holds 8 little kisses!
 
Next up is a rounder version-- If you take a close up look you can see I used
 Flourishes- Berry Sweet Frames to make a pattern on my little Handbag!
 I stamped Rust on a Rust Card stock base.
 This one measures- 3 1/4" x 1" x  2 1/4" (without the handle.)
 
Again, I used Flourishes- Simply Charmed for the handle, stamping it in Silver Gray & to add a charm to the side stamped in Silver Gray on  Teal!
Those little rhinestones---I colored each one of them with a Copic marker in Teal & then placed them with the help of a Silhouette Pick-Me-Up tool.
 I had to add glue to each one, as these rhinestones weren't self-adhesive!
 
This little Handbag is lined in Teal  & filled with chocolates too-- 12 little kisses!
 
My last little Handbag is an Evening Bag! Who doesn't love a Fancy Handbag?
 
This one is 3" x 1" x 1 1/2".
 I used Flourishes- Garden Gate Stamp Set,
 stamping it on a Gray Card stock for the base! I thought those flowers would be SOOO ELEGANT on this! I colored them in with SU- Markers- Really Rust, Old Olive & Taken With Teal, &
 Faber- Castell Artist Crayons-Teal & I used a watercolor brush just a little. I also colored another Rhinestone for the closure,  & the Ribbon Handle  with a Teal Copic marker.
It holds 3 little kisses!  
 
What do you think??? From a Handbag that holds 12 Kisses to one that holds 3!  Who wouldn't LOVE a purse FULL OF CHOCOLATE???
 
Come over & join us at Flourishes, you're sure to have some FUN!
TLady
 
Additional Supplies:
(Not mentioned above)
Velcro
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Becky all three of these are SO FUN! I love how you created each purse and the stamping details in each. How wonderfully creative! And they turned out so classy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS BECKY...THESE PURSES ARE FABULOUS!!! I love them all...toooooo cute for words! Thank you for joining us in the color challenge this week :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome... these purses are darling and your coloring on the paper is AWESOME. Simply awesome. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Becky!!! Those purses are A-mazing! Love each one of them and what a fabulous little gift to give! Awesome creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!