Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The "CASE-ing" of Maki Jones, Part 2!

 Hi Blog Friends!
Here I am again, with another "CASE-ing" of Maki Jones!
If you want a closer look at her "file" you can take a look here:
There you will see several of her creations & a little bit of information about Maki's personality!
NOW, on to what I've done....
Here is the card I "CASED"  last time by Maki & it will also serve as INSPIRATION this time around!  
 Remember, I told you that I was going to send the card I made for The "CASE-ing" of Maki Jones-my last post, to the wife of my husband's friend who had cancer & also had a mastectomy? I couldn't just send a card, & so I pulled out my Paper Tea Cup Template. I always like to send a little something if I can to lift spirits! I have been wanting to use my Flourishes stamps for this for sometime & I just hadn't had the time! Well, NOW was the time!
 Here's a look at what I made for Lois:

I used Flourishes Clematis & Butterflies Stamp Set.

I've had this idea for sometime of putting butterflies all over this sweet little package!
Here is the cup without the yummy chocolates! (The butterfly on the edge of the cup can be easily moved elsewhere. It's only attached with a small glue dot.) The inside sentiment for the cup is from SU- Elements of Style.  

And here you can see the Gift Combo together.

I wanted the Cup & Saucer to have a soft, lovely china  pattern, so I stamped it with SU- Sahara Sand & then colored it in with Dick Blick Colored Pencils & blended the colors with Gamasol. The Butterflies were colored with Copic Markers. I also gave the underside of the butterflies a light coloring with copics too. For that POP of darker pink to match my card, I made a small Florette with ribbon & coloring it also with Copics for the right color, and sewing on a matching button for the center. I didn't forget to use my Krylon Gold Pen to edge the cup & saucer either!

What do you think? Do you think it will lift spirits? Let me know what you think? I always enjoy hearing from you!

Keep Praying for Lois?
TLady

P.S. I KNOW many of you want the pattern to my Paper Tea Cup Template. I am UNABLE to sell it at this time. I'm sorry for the delay & if you are disappointed about this. Stick with me & just maybe I can get things taken care of here that I can put this up for sale! I am having issues with my printer that make it difficult to work with...It has a mind of it's own! 

Supplies not listed above:
Kaiser Craft Pearls
SU- Flowering Flourishes-Swirls on the tea cup

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful ensemble that is sure to lift your friend's spirits. I love your cup and saucer (not to mention the choccies). It looks just like the real deal, right down to the gilded edges. Anyone for afternoon tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the tea cup and card combo. And you created that... whohoo girlie. that is fabulous and good for you! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!!! This is such a beautiful tea cup! Now, I have to case yours :):) Thank you again for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is incredible!!!!! Super job, really! I thought the cup & saucer was real! Love that pattern--it looks just like china! Way to go!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lois' spirits will certainly be lifted w/such an encouraging and thoughtful card and gift! Absolutely gorgeous! The tea cup looks life china...ya did good!! She'll be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!