Monday, August 5, 2013

The "CASE-ing" of Maki Jones!

Hi Blog Friends!
I have been told that the title of my posts for "The CASE-ing of..." sounds like a MYSTERY...., but there is no mystery here! Just a SPECIAL FOCUS on a talented lady from Flourishes!
To see what is going on at Flourishes or if you want to join in check here:
http://flourishes.org/2013/08/sweet-peas-and-a-focus-on-maki/#comments
Today, I have a pretty little card for you that I "CASE-d" from over at Flourishes; Maki Jones is the Designer that is being focused on this week & I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to "CASE" one of her cards! Maki is a designer that just does things that you might not think of, in making her card/s! You just get a little surprise with each beautiful creation!
Here is Maki's card that I am "CASE-ing":
Isn't it BEAUTIFUL???

Well of course, I don't have the same paper crafting goodies that Maki has, but I came pretty close!
AND I have to say, I also changed things up just a bit. I want to send this card to the wife of a man my husband is friends with.

Here's my card:
How'd I do???
You'll notice the card doesn't have the sentiment that comes with this set- Flourishes Clematis & Butterflies; Instead I used a sentiment from Flourishes Sentimental Favorites. Like I said, I wanted to send this card to the wife of my husband's friend; she was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer & had a mastectomy & is currently at home recuperating. I thought this might brighten her spirits, to know someone is thinking of her & praying for her!


You can see the dimension of this card from the two pictures above. I popped the front panel up on dimensionals, along with the sentiment I used, & I fussy cut a couple butterflies & attached them with glue dots.

For the bottom half I used MS- French Scroll Punch & layered them for that lacy look Maki had.
I created a Master Board, or my own Designer Papers & cut them to fit my card. The bottom layer I used Dick Blick Colored Pencils & the top layer I used Copic Markers & Colored Pencils. I am not as talented as Maki with those Copic Markers, nor do I have a large selection! (MAYBE I'll have to try to find a Copic class when the kiddos go off to college this fall? Mom needs some educating too!)

Here is the Inside:
 Space enough to write a little something or stamp a special Get Well sentiment... Notice the extended leaves on the bottom & up the side? You can do that with this set, as it has some extra leaves to add to your image if you like!

So how'd I do with my "CASE-ing?"
Leave me a comment? I ALWAYS enjoy hearing from you friends! Yep, as a lady I know says,
"You keep me creating!"

Say a prayer for Lois as she recovers from her surgery?
(Thanks Maki for the Inspiration!)
TLady

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
Gamasol
SU- Apothecary Accents Die
Becca Bow Maker
Kaiser Craft Pearls
Ribbon
Button




4 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, Becky! You always use the prettiest ribbons! They shine so beautifully! Have a wonderful week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, this is a simply gorgeous take on Maki's card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Becky! Great CASE!!
    And thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog and on Paulina's blog about me.. I'm so glad we met at camp! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Becky! The card you cased is one of my favorites cards I've made and I love your take and the things you changed with your style. Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!