Monday, September 30, 2013

"So Grateful!"

Hi Blog Friends!
It's been a little while since I've posted! A lot has been going on! Finally, getting our daughter settled into school after MANY TEARS, a new room mate who is FABULOUS, a car accident (everyone is OK!) It's been CRAZY here! Trying to go through all my paper stash & get it organized as best I can! Life is QUIET in our "empty nest!" Trying to adjust to the quiet! Except for bickering kitties! (So, in some respect, life hasn't changed too much in our empty nest!) LOL
I wanted to show you my gifts for the women at the college that helped our daughter settle in & be comfortable with her surroundings! We are SO GRATEFUL that they so prayerfully chose a WONDERFUL young lady to room with our daughter! Our daughter LOVES this young woman who has a BIG HEART & LOVES THE LORD!
 PERFECTLY DONE LADIES!

This is one of the cards I made to go with my gifts. I used Copic Markers to color everything! I LOVE the vibrancy of them! (I'll list the supplies below.) NOTICE: the GOLD on my creations..... (Each piece has Gold in the same places as the other.) I am entering my creations in a
MOXIE FAB CHALLENGE--All That Glitters Is Gold!
If you want to join in you have till midnight October 7th! You are to create something that incorporates GOLD in an innovative way!
You can find out more here:

Here is the gift I made to go with this card:
The Tea Cup is edged in GOLD, along with the handle!


You know I LOVE Blue & Pink!!! So, here's a Pink Card:
The Die, the Banner, the Button to match the Tea Cup, The Designer Paper, & the Butterfly all have GOLD!


Next, the gift to accompany my Pink card:
The Ribbon Florette' has a center that is GOLD!

Now, the Gift Combo's:


The Inside:

Here, I used GOLD GLITTER on the wings of the butterfly's adding to their beauty!

Notice,  the butterfly seeming to float freely above the GOLD candies! I used small glue dots & attached it to the cellophane bag.
You can also see the Crochet Thread with Gold I used to tie on the little Tiny Tag.

Here are both of the little Tea Cups!
You've GOT TO HAVE GOLD to make these look REAL!!! Just compare them to real China Cups!

"SO GRATEFUL!"
TLady

For a continued conversation on "Boy Crazy?" (From my last post) check here:

Supplies Used:
SU- Elements of Style
SU- Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
Krylon Gold Pen
EK Success Calligraphy Gold Pen
Flourishes- Clematis & Butterflies- Butterfly
MS- Crystal Fine Glitter
SU- Framelits Labels Collection
Ribbon
Gold Glitter
SU- Cellophane Bags
Buttons
KaiserCraft Pearls- on the Butterflies
SU- Tiny Tags
SU- Tiny Tag Punch
Glue Dots
Copic Markers
Becca Bow Maker
Crochet Thread with Gold
Inside Sentiment- SU-Curvy Verses
Hershey's Golden Nuggets- Almond & Toffee-YUM!




















8 comments:

  1. These cards are stunning, and match the teacups so beautifully. Thanks for sharing your work. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea cups and cards absolutely wonderful. Several months ago, you mentioned that you would possibly have a tutorial available on how to make the tea cups. Please share the status...I would love to make a tea cup for my mother for her 76th birthday. I am will to purchase the tutorial also. Thanks so much.

    Betty M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are amazing! your work is so beautiful, u never mentioned where the die for the cup and saucer came from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I love how elegant and vibrant they are! So feminine with the florals :) Glad to hear that things are improving for your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful projects. I can see you put a lot of time into the construction of the tea cups and matching cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Becky! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Gitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!