Friday, October 25, 2013

TAGS- for two SPECIAL GIRLS!!!!!!

Hi Blog Friends!
Well, I have been BUSY, seems so many things going on  AND feeling a need to take a  break from blogging...It seemed the time to make my great escape! Trying to get ready for the upcoming holidays now, are you?
 I thought I'd jump in here & play along with PTI blog hop today! When I started writing this-- last night, I was working away on getting these Tags done, & went over to PTI to get all the info. so I could share it with you & REALIZED I didn't quite do it right! OH WELL! It was FUN while it lasted!!!!!!! LOL I most always try to coincide the cards I make for challenges with what I have to send out.
Here are the details on the hop:
It is from 10 am EST to 11:30 pm EST
You can check here for more details:
There IS a way to play along on the forum too! HOPE you jump in & play!
So, here are the TAGS that I created! ( My mess up: I FORGOT to use "something unique" in my creations AND I was to make 5 Tags!!! Eeeeks!!! NOTE TO SELF: CAREFULLY read the Instructions next time! LOL )
My first TAG is for our daughter for her birthday! She is taking Astronomy this year in college & has ALWAYS enjoyed looking at the stars!
I created a card with a pocket for the tag! The pocket is made of Deluxe Assortment Vellum. It has little sparkly dots on it that I thought would look like the twinkling sky!
The background paper & the tag are made with PTI- Star Gazer & Star Gazer Additions! I used clear embossing powder that I added clear glitter to, to make it sparkle! Then I used Gelatos & added a little water to blend the colors! I basically made a Master Board & then cut what I needed!
Notice the little Rocket? I NEED the little set that PTI has- Boy Basics-Out of This World Mini! I drew mine! I also created a little acetate window- here I added a little stick figure, but I will put my daughters' picture in there just for her! I think she'll like that! I also used the Star Gazer Die set for the little silver stars & crescent moon! The sentiment on the front is quite cute--"What goes up & never comes down?" The sentiment outside & in are from PTI- Movers & Shakers Sentiments.
The tag is a Spinner Tag made with SU- Word Window Punch; the mechanics are made with PTI Movers & Shakers Spinners Die.
Inside:
Our daughter used to cry about not wanting to grow up, but I THINK she is ENJOYING her time at College!!! All that "Independence!" You can't have ALL THAT FUN without growing up!!!!!! LOL

The next TAG I made is a Tag Card, made for our daughter's room mate. A little card that our daughter can sign & give to her!
I tried to do an Andy Warhol thing by stamping the red card stock with  soup cans.
Notice the "feel better!" ? Our daughter's roommate has Pneumonia!!! NOT GOOD! So, our daughter has been tip-toeing around trying not to disturb her while she rests! Our daughter has ALWAYS been VERY CONSIDERATE while people are sleeping! This card was made with PTI-Comfort Food. I LOOOOOOVE that little can of Soup!!!!! LOL LOVING IT!!!!!!
Inside:
HOPEFULLY, this will help our daughter's room mate feel better while she recovers!
Say a little prayer for her??? I KNOW it will be SOOO APPRECIATED!!!

HOPE to see you over at PTI! LOTS of FUN to be had!

TAG ALONG!
TLady

Additional Supplies Used not mentioned above:
-Birthday card-
SU- Circle Punches-1", 3/4", Corner Punch
SU- Apothecary Accents Dies
Dimensionals
Small photo
Sewing Machine

-Get Well Card-
Spellbinders-Beaded Ovals
PTI- Pearls of Wisdom-Small hearts around main image
Dimensionals
Protractor
Glitter


 

5 comments:

  1. Your tags are fabulous! I love that you were so thoughtful. Your daughter is sure to appreciate the love that went into making this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky your daughter is to have such a thoughtful mom! She is sure to love her rocket card (great job on the drawing btw!), and even if a card won't cure pneumonia, I sure yours will help your daughter's roommate feel better as she recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute and our kids never grow uo in our minds. I am sure she will.love it.
    her roommate will surely gonna live this and will be much appreciated. awesome design girlie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun tags! I love how rich and dreamy the outerspace sky looks! Great work with those gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What fun projects! :)

    I wanted to stop by and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm *so glad* I got to know you there! Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!