Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"Grab A Cup!"

Hi Blog Friends!!!
Today, I am playing along over at Flourishes with their "Grab A Cup" November Release Challenge!!!! If you'd like to play along check here:
http://flourishes.org/2013/11/grab-a-cup-november-release-challenge/

Your creation is due by: Nov. 15th, at 5 p.m. EST
Winners will be announced on Sat., Nov. 16th in the Winners Circle! AND I've read that there will be MULTIPLE WINNERS!!! You could win the WHOLE NOVEMBER RELEASE!!! (They've begun giving us sneak peeks today & they're GREAT!!!)

This is the picture that we were to use for Inspiration:

I thought I'd show you what it looked like here yesterday--the 13th! Brrrr!!!!
BELIEVE ME, I needed something to warm me up when this hit!!! Even today when it was mostly melted it was STILL COLD!!! There's NOTHING BETTER than "Grabbing a cup" of something yummy & HOT!!!!!!! Coffee? Tea? Just wrap your fingers around that cup & feel the warmth!!!! It warms you up inside too! Along with a WARM KNITTED SWEATER & the LOVE of a HONEY or a FRIEND!!!
So, here's my card for this challenge:
I used Flourishes- Stitched For You!
In this photo you can see the colors I used a little better than my other pictures! Some colors got washed out for some reason!
That silver gray yarn is a little washed out--it's a richer gray! AND the little "yarn" bundle next to it is a light blue. The Silver Gray is for the silver spoon in the picture above, along with the sparkling areas on the designer paper; all designer paper is by DCWV- Linen Closet! The other colors are of course, from the Inspiration photo!
This is my embellishment! I created a little ball of yarn & stuck it to the card with glue dots! I used Toothpicks & snipped off the ends & added  wooden beads. I ran Linen Distress Ink over the toothpicks with my fingers & then added some Howard Feed N Wax Wood Preserver to get that shine that wood knitting needles have!

Here is the inside:
 

Other supplies used not mentioned above:
Martha Stuart Corner Punch-French Scroll
Dick Blick Colored pencils
Dimensionals
Lions- Bonbons yarn-Pastels
Sketch- is by Flourishes for another challenge they have going on RIGHT NOW to win the WHOLE NOVEMBER SET TOO!!! (LOTS of ways to WIN!!!)

GRAB A CUP & JOIN IN on all the warmth!!!
TLady





8 comments:

  1. My, oh my! If that isn't just the cutest little yarn ball with knitting needles! You clever thing you!! It feels nice and toasty just looking at your card. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW...look at all this snow...brrrrr!!! Becky, your inspired card is fabulous...love the added little yard & stuck! Thank you so much for joining in the fun....hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the warm and cozy patterned papers and the ball of yarn is too stinkin' cute!

    It looked like that here 2 days ago. It was 10 degrees when I went to work. Yuck! :p

    Thanks so much for playing along with the Flourishes release week challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... totally cute. Firstly love the idea with the tooth picks and so darn creative, they look real. And the yarn... I love all this.
    Second wow... that is some weather and I thought our 30 degrees was cold. EEK... Stay warm girlie.
    Thanks for playing in Flourishes Grab A Cup Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card just oozes warmth and charm!! I love the colors! And your ball of yarn with the handmade needles...genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the knitting needles and yarn are such a perfect touch! What a fun design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! Your coloring on the image is fantastic, but I have to say, that cute little ball of yarn and knitting needles just steals the show! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, and love your ball of yarn w/knitting needles - how creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!