Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"All is Calm..."

Hi Blog Friends!
I have a Christmas Card for you today! Let me set the scene....I put in a new CD by Susan Boyle, Home for Christmas & began my card! It's PERFECT MUSIC for crafting Christmas Cards! So soothing & beautiful! As I ran from one room to the other...sewing machine is in the other room, I even got to hear my sweet hubby enjoying the music; He was singing along too!
When I make Christmas cards, my mind ALWAYS goes to the WONDERFUL Christmas Songs that are out there... from the old church hymns, to the Santa Clause songs, to some of the new songs out today! AND what better way to get inspiration than to use one of these beautiful songs?
PLUS, we live out in the country, so when it snows, it SNOWS! Blankets of white cover the earth, the trees & the roads!  Billows of smoke rise from the roof tops as the people inside try to stay warm, maybe having some hot cocoa & cookies. So, when I saw this stamp at Flourishes--Snow Wonderful, I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!
I'm entering this card in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

Check here for more information on this challenge, so you can play along too:

I used the sketch from Mojo Monday:
I'm ALWAYS looking for sketches to use!

Well, here's my card:
Flourishes Challenge is to use Stitching on your card, so I pulled out my sewing machine & I've used Gold Thread on my card---around the edge on the designer paper with sheet music on it. I also used Gold Stitching on the red designer paper that I matted the main image on! AND I stitched the little Gold Star on the ribbon by hand with Gold Thread. Some straight stitching & some wonky stitching, makes it pure fun & adds some glitz for the season!

The red matting is not a die, it is a shape I drew out & cut out myself, wanting a specific look! I also edged it with a Gold Krylon pen.

When you buy this image from Flourishes, don't forget to purchase the die that goes with it--
The Classic Keyhole Template Die!

I EVEN pulled out my Copic Airbrush System my Sweetie bought me awhile back & airbrushed the sentiment in a Pale Blue, my first time using it! And I couldn't resist putting a classic plaid ribbon with this, & of course, I used dimensionals to pop the main image & sentiment up!

I WISH you could see how this image looks 3-D! I used Copic Markers to color it in, & stickles to add sparkle to the snow, including the birch trees in the front... when the snow sticks to the trees & glistens after a frosty cold night!

Makes me happy to be living in a place that isn't too far from looking like this!

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- Garden Green Card Stock
The Paper Studio- Old World Winter Paper Pack- Designer Paper
PTI- Star Gazer Die- Star
Memento- Rich Cocoa Ink 
SU- Corner Punch
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Tea Dye
American Crafts- Galaxy Marker- White

I hear it'll be getting COLD outside soon! HOPE you're in a WARM & COZY place like this when it hits!

Singing Christmas Carols!
TLady 

P.S. Working on my Christmas Cards today--12/5/13 & I made just a little change to this card & thought I'd show you! Can you see what the difference is?
HOPE you like!





15 comments:

  1. Your cabin looks so warm & cozy in that beautifully sparkly snow! I'm jealous of your Copic airbrush system! Glad you finally used it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this CD on my list to get... I love her voice! ;-) I listen to Michael Buble when I stamp and Casting Crowns Christmas cd. hee hee
    Beautiful card girlie. The gold touches are fabulous and I do like this cottage tucked away in the back. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold thread....genius!! LOVE the elegant feel it gives to this warm, cozy, and charming card! Beautiful coloring and lovely sparkle additions too! This card is sure to bring cheer to whoever receives it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... this is stunning! I LOVE the idea of the gold thread, it adds such a beautiful touch! Thanks for playing along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    PS... can you drop me a quick "hi" email at me.love.stampsATgmailDOTcom? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful Christmas card! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card! Love the scene with all its sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this gorgeous card! I have that stamp & need to use it--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love the gold thread you used. All the gold touches look stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an absolutely beautiful card. Reminds me of a Thomas Kinkade scene. So much detail in this one and I always enjoy your post because I can tell how much you loved creating it. Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is stunning! I love the rich colors, and the gold edging us beautiful! I love that your created your own shape, and it turned out fab! Ok, I'm a sucker for any kind of challenge, so I was intrigued by the differences in your card. It was kind of like Finding Waldo, ya know. ;) Anywho, I think you changed the door color (brown vs. red), and added snow to the trees. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl! The ONLY DIFFERENCE in my card is the SNOW COVERED TREES! :) (Maybe, it is the lighting that made the doors look a different color! By the way---I believe a Red Door means "Welcome!" ) LOL I looked at my first card & thought, with ALL THAT SNOW, there SHOULD BE snow on the trees too!!!!!!!!! :) So, I changed it!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! Those gold accents throughout make it shine! That final touch of the plaid ribbon was perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I DO like! What a beautiful card...colored perfectly and Hello...your gold accents really make this one amazing keepsake! I am so glad you could play along with us this week for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely! The little touches of gold and shimmer are so pretty! Love that great ribbon too! So festive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!