Thursday, December 12, 2013

"Can We Eat Paper?"

Hi Blog Friends!
I KNOW you are SURPRISED to see me back here so soon! Well, Flourishes has a
 TIMELESS TUESDAY CHALLENGE going on & I JUST CAN'T LET IT PASS BY!
 YOU could win the WHOLE DECEMBER RELEASE!!!
(Can you tell I want to WIN???? LOL)
Have you been getting a GOOD LOOK at the stamps they're releasing?
  If you'd like to take a peek, check here:
You'll find out all the details to this challenge too!!!
This challenge is about the New Year!
So, I'm REALLY NOT ONE to do "resolutions" for the New Year! I ALWAYS FAIL!
BUT, I thought about this one & the stamps I have....let me show you what I came up with!
I had to do another Christmas creation, but can you tell what my "GOAL" is?
COOKING!!!! I KNOW my SWEET hubby would appreciate it!!! I'm usually playing with paper when time comes to make lunch or dinner! He usually can be guaranteed ONE MEAL a day--breakfast! That's a pretty easy meal to do, because we both need some fuel to get the day going!
 This morning, we had CAKE! (Shhhh! Don't tell our kids!)
I know my main image is a PIE! BUT, this doesn't necessarily mean that I want to cook PIE, as good as it might be, & as much as I LOVE SWEETS, I need to COOK MEALS! AND that means
 MORE THAN SOUP! I LOVE to make soups, because you can put them on & let them simmer,
 & go &  play with paper!

I'm kind of "Old fashioned" & "Traditional!" So, I see it as my duty to prepare the meals! My hubby is pretty good at cooking & has come a long way from our early years of marriage! He's gone from cooking eggs to baking cakes! He makes pretty good cakes by Dunkin Hines! But, there again, we need MEALS! Do you think there is ANY CHANCE that we could EAT PAPER?
THAT would be FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't skip a beat with my paper crafting then!

This is the insert for my card! NOTICE it says: " Happiness is Homemade!" I have to tell you that if we COULD eat paper, us paper crafters, would PROBABLY be ALOT HAPPIER!

This is the backside of the insert---a PERFECT place to write that Homemade recipe for the recipient!  I just cut an Index Card to fit the backside. Sometimes, when you are "paper deficient" you need those lines, as you can't write straight!

Well, there you have it, my goal for the New Year is to COOK MORE!
I chose to do a File Folder Card, because it reminds me of a Recipe Card!

Here is where I found the instructions for this File Folder Card:

IF you have a GOOD PAPER RECIPE let me know????
I'm searching for one!
TLady
Supplies use above:
Flourishes- Fresh Baked
WRMK- Envelope Board
Paper Studio- Old World Winter Designer Paper
SU- Card stock
Copic Markers
American Crafts-Galaxy Marker-white
Spellbinders- Classic Circles & Classic Scalloped Circles
Dimensinals
Memento Ink- Rich Cocoa


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love your recipe cards...very clever interpretation of the challenge! Hugs, ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! That is just exactly what I was thinking of with this challenge - not a "resolution", but just something we want to work on. I'll be cheering you on!

    Thanks so much for playing!! : )

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea. I like the idea of a card with a recipe! The color you filled in on the stamp is sweet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! I serve a lot of meals later than planned because I'm still playing with paper, so I totally understand what you're saying! Beautiful & creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful~I love the coloring and design! I need to cook more often also, LOL.
    Thank you for your encouraging visit and GOOD NEWS~it blessed me today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi thanks for stopping by my blog (I made the carousel tuto at SCS)..I love your post and what you said...I saw myself reflected...I do not cook I craft!...poor husbands!! I love your file folder card and the stamp is gorgeous...so very pretty
    keep in touch bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky -

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for stopping by my blog! ♥

    Have a Happy New Year too!

    -pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is a darling gift idea. I like the folder with the card, gonna have to try this. Very sweet indeed

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful job you did on this design! I love the folder and I love your colouring on the pie! Gorgeous Becky! Belated Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!