Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's "FLIP IT" Time!

Hi Blog Friends!
I have been scurrying around finishing up my Christmas cards & getting them in the mail to our dearest friends! Have you gotten yours out yet?
 OH, HOW I WISH more of my friends were into card making!!!
 (There's only one & she lives far away!) :(
I KNEW I wanted to participate in the Flourishes Flip It Challenge, to win the WHOLE MONTH'S RELEASE for December!!! So, I got busy right away! When I wasn't working on our Christmas Cards, I was drawing out what I wanted for my cards for this challenge. It takes me awhile sometimes, so I had to use my time to plan, if I was going to have some cards for this challenge! Plus, I threw together some cards to send our kids, at college, a weekly thing I do! I LIKE how they came out too---I used Flourishes on those too! (Not posting those today!)    
Check here if you want to play along in the Flip It Challenge:
(The deadline is December 13, 5 p.m. EST)
There are TWO SKETCHES to choose from! I decided to do BOTH!
 (Remember, if you use Flourishes Stamps, you get double the points!)

Here's what I came up with for this sketch:
I thought I'd stick with Christmas for this one!
For this card, I was thinking to put this, with a gift for the neighbors for Christmas!
 I used the FRESH BAKED Set for this card.
I created my own designer papers. You can see the tone on tone on the green card stock & on the red.
I "stamped off" on the focal image- if you get real close, you can see it!
Here is the inside:
Tone on Tone again for the background (Sorry if the picture is a little fuzzy!) And a touch of some Paper Studio's Designer Paper in the corner.
 The "Merry Christmas" is from the NATURALLY MERRY set.

A little super sticky tape & ribbon, dimensionals on this top layer of card stock; some paper piercing & just a touch of love! Hm mm, now what am I going to make to go with this festive card? Something SWEET, I think!


Next up, is the second sketch given to us!

I have to admit, I enjoyed this sketch just a little more than the other one! I think it's because I chose to do a floral design for this one! I LOVE FLOWERS!!!

I used the set SPRING BLOSSOMS.


As you can see, I did a Spotlighting Technique! I used Copic markers, BUT I used them on colored card stock! Coloring with a certain color doesn't mean you'll get that color when you color on colored card stock! (Have a scrap piece of colored card stock to check what color you'll get before coloring on your final piece!) I stamped the background piece first, & masked & stamped... Then I stamped the focal piece & figured out where I wanted to place the die. Then colored that piece in completely, whereas I only colored parts of the background paper.

A few rhinestones for dew on the flowers & a few for extra bling along the bottom!

HOPE you like!

Supplies not mentioned above:
Christmas Card-
Paper Studio Designer Paper-Old World Winter
Spellbinders- Fancy Tags
SU- Framelits Labels Collection
SU- Ink

Floral Card-
Spellbinders- Classic Circles & Classic Scalloped Circles
Rhinestones- Kaiser
Paper Studio Card Stock
SU- Old Olive Card Stock
SU- Pear Pizzazz
Memento- Tuxedo Black

Hope you make it over to Flourishes for some of the FUN!!!
SEE YOU THERE!
TLady






9 comments:

  1. These are both really pretty! I love the festive Christmas design and the ribbon underneath the layers to accent, and the florals are so pretty, the colouring on coloured cardstock is a lovely look! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Becky, these are beautiful! I love the ruffled border on the first one, and the way you've made it look like a fancy envelope...gorgeous! Your floral card is so very pretty! The colors are warm and lovely, and your coloring is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, absolutely beautiful cards! They are so very creative! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I enlarged the photos, I could really appreciate the decorative work you did on the paper for the Christmas card. So fancy! And the little curly-cues on each side of the sentiment was sweet. The Spring floral card was nice to see since it's SO cold outside! And I like the "bling" :) I hope you get chosen for the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good golly Becky! You have created two stunners indeed! I know your friends and family are going to LOVE your handmade cards. I love how you used the Freshly Baked stamp set - super cute! Thanks for playing along with our "Flip It Sketch Challenge" over at Flourishes! I always enjoy seeing what you create with our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful Becky! I love the ruffle on the first and the flower stamped background on the second. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Smokes...look at this...two absolute gorgeous cards! You rocked the sketches! Thanks for joining us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky to Becky ---- "You rocked this challenge!" This is absolutely perfect. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love love both of these. You did an awesome job with the sketch and the blossoms... awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!