Friday, January 10, 2014

2014 RECIPE CHALLENGE!

Hi Blog Friends!
Our Daily Bread has a challenge going on right now! We are to do a "2014 Recipe Challenge!"
 (Example: 2- pearls, 0- flowers, 1-stamp, 4- designer paper prints.)
Your card is due by Jan. 12th, 8 p.m. Est.
Check here for more information:
Here is my "recipe!"
2- FEATHERS
   0- EMBOSSING
1- FLOWER    
                              4- DIE CUT FANCY SQUARES 
AND here's what that "recipe" looks like:
I LOVE this Scripture! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart...." Do we REALLY know HOW to "trust" Him? And "with ALL our hearts?"
"and lean not on your own understanding;" I've learned that when all the things around me are CRASHING & BANGING & feeling AWFUL, God is at work... & our human  understanding of things is, "WE'RE DONE FOR!" It's during those times, that we find out just HOW MUCH we trust Him! AND all the while, HE IS AT WORK!

"in all your ways acknowledge Him...." No matter WHAT we do, or how things seem, acknowledge HIM! That HE is in control! That HE is the Lord of your life & situation!
"and He will make your paths straight!" This is a PROMISE if we follow the road map laid out to us in the verse! He'll keep us on the straight path to HIM!

Supplies used:
ODB- Scripture Collection 2
Spellbinders- Damask Motifs
Spellbinders- Classic Circles
Spellbinders- Floral Flourishes
The Paper Company- Seaside Fashion Colors
DCWV- Linen Closet Stack
SU- Mellow Moss
Copic Air Brush/ Copic Marker
Memento Ink- Rich Cocoa
Prima- Flower
Dimensionals
Glue dots
2 Feathers

HOPE you enjoyed this post &  make it over to Our Daily Bread & get in on all the FUN!

Trusting in Him with ALL my heart!
TLady 

UPDATE:

This card won "FAVORITES" at SCS for the week ending Jan. 12, 2014.
AND
This card won the "ODB Shining the Light Award" here:
Tuesday, Jan 14, 2014 Blog Post


9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the pretty feathers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky, this is my most favorite verse...I even have it posted in the header of my blog. Your framing and design with the scripture is beautiful!! What a wonderful reminder!! Great job on the 2-0-1-4 recipe. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how this card not only has a crafts recipe but also a spiritual one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the timely 'recipe'.... I needed the reminder! :-) The card is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Great verse one of my favorites to share! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Becky, like Chris, this is my favorite verse and has been since a child! And I love your card and how you've used the photos in between as you emphasize each portion of the passage! Oh, that we would remember that He is always guiding us through each moment of our lives! Praise Him for that! I love your how your "recipe" turned out for this card and am so glad to see you once again for ODBD Shining the Light challenge! You certainly are shining His light, my sweet friend! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Gorgeous artwork! Love how you framed the verse with flourishes and nature! I may have to CASE this beauty! Thanks for joining us Becky at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so special! So much detail and I love the Scripture! You put so much of yourself in these cards. Congratulations and many blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats winning the ODBD challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!