Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Valentine for Timeless Tuesday!

Hi Blog Friends!

I've done a card for the
Timeless Tuesday Challenge! 
The challenge?
For additional details on this challenge check here:
http://flourishes.org/2014/01/timeless-tuesday-256-2014-pantone-color/#comments
SERIOUSLY, I don't see too many PURPLE cards out there! Do you think it's one of those colors people shy away from? My mind has been on VALENTINES! There isn't much time left to get them made! So, I wondered if I'd get to play along, I was thinking reds & pinks...! BUT, WHO SAID a Valentine
 HAD TO BE red or pink? I also saw a card this week that just BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!!!! I don't have all the supplies that were used, BUT I KNEW I HAD TO TRY IT!
 So, I cased it!
Here it is:
THANKS MELISSA for the INSPIRATION!!!!!!
http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/lilybeans_paperie/2014/01/make-it-mondayeverythings-rosie.html#comments
I am HAPPY with the way my card came out! 
Here it is:
What do you think?

After die cutting a heart, Spellbinders- Classic Hearts on white card stock, I stamped the floral design using Flourishes- Roses Are Red. There is a piece of Designer Paper behind the open window-
 Memory Box- Viola, from Flourishes. Notice, the icing look of the MS Glitter- Carrara Marble, I used Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive (glue) to draw a scalloped edge.
 (This glue has a nice point to the bottle! My FAVORITE GLUE!)

The Flowers were colored with Copics & a few Sharpies, since I don't have to many Copic markers. I LOVE how the Violets came out & the little teal colored Sweet Peas! 
Also notice the top of the photo--a light colored violet with print. I used my 
 Flourishes- Roses Are Red stamp, to stamp around the edges of this sheet in SU- Eggplant.

OF COURSE, I HAD TO use my Krylon Gold Pen to edge this sheet of lavender lovely!
I didn't want it perfect, just edged roughly.

Here is a close-up of my coloring & if you enlarge the photo, you can see the stippling I did! I just had to add it, to enhance the lovely flowers & script, "Happy Valentine's Day!"
 I used the lightest Cool Gray Copic-C1, I had.
 I didn't want it too dark.
You can see the Gold Embossing- SU Gold Embossing Powder. & the Gold Stitching.
 IF you want an "elegant" card, ADD GOLD!

The inside:
 Using some of the Designer Paper inside to dress it up.

I'm SOOO GLAD I didn't stick with my "traditional" red & pink for this Valentine! I guess I need to try more non-traditional colors every-so-often!

Additional Supplies used not mentioned above:
SU- Corner Rounder
Paper Studio Paper
Memento Ink
GRAFIX Vellum
Button
Crochet Thread
Glue Dots
Sewing Machine
One Valentine down & more to make! Be looking for more to come!
 I LOVE Valentine Cards!!!!!!!
TLady



5 comments:

  1. such pretty valentines, love the look of a window in the first and the great colors... all the gold in the second card gives it a lovely rich feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love how this turned out. The gold accents look fabulous.

    To answer your question...yes, that sentiment was from Roses are Red. I couldn't link it in my in linkz collection for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!! Love the flowers around the heart with the bit of sparkle, and the gold embossed on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Becky! Love the placement of your stamping. Cool gold touches! Thanks for playing along with our "2014 Pantone - Purple" challenge at Flourishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant with your gold details and rich, beautiful coloring Becky! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!